Are you interested in finding a long-term home within an independent, dynamic, academically-oriented, global consultancy environment? If so, our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Health Economist to join their team in the UK. Our client is a large HEOR consultancy that works with pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, helping them to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of their products to governments and healthcare providers. This is mainly done through the development of core market access materials, including reimbursement and value dossiers.
Due to the increasing requests for work both globally and within the UK they are looking to expand their operations. They are looking for a technical, hands on health economist to develop a small team of more junior health economists to provide services for both global and local clients.
You will have full client-facing responsibilities which will include, but not be limited to:
- Line management, training and mentoring of junior health economists (2 - 6 people)
- Taking the lead role on economic modelling projects, with the opportunity to fulfil a technical expert role within multi-disciplinary projects
- Providing strategic and technical expertise both to clients and internally
- Designing and developing transparent and user-friendly economic models throughout the product life cycle, pre- and post-launch for local and global use
- Perform thorough technical (quality control) and strategic review of internal and external economic models
- Working in partnership with clients to assess, demonstrate and communicate product value
- Developing the economic sections of health technology assessment (HTA) reimbursement dossiers and commissioning dossiers for a variety of global payers including NICE, SMC and NCPE
- Input into design of economic systematic reviews to be conducted by our dedicated SLR team located within our India office and application of the learnings into model development
- Specification of analyses of clinical trial data (e.g. survival analysis, quality of life analysis, indirect treatment comparison)
- Performing expert elicitation exercises to inform model parameterisation and to validate model inputs and outputs
- Developing technical reports, user guides and summary slide decks providing interpretation and methodological detail for economic models and providing training to local affiliates on their use
- Providing input into proposal writing and the development of new business opportunities and services
- Developing abstracts and posters for clinical, academic and industry conferences, and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Formal and informal training of clients and company staff in HTA and modelling topics
- Dependent upon your experience additional responsibilities may include:
- New methods development and application
- Statistical analysis of clinical trial or observational data
- Providing economic input to evidence generation activities (clinical trial development and analysis plans / registry searching)
- Acting as an independent expert on advisory boards / in front of reimbursement bodies
- Presenting at international conferences
Education, Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years' experience in the hands-on design and construction of economic models from within a consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or a relevant academic-consulting environment
- Experience providing training to more junior staff members either on a project by project basis or via formal line management
- Designed and built at least 5 cost-effectiveness models from scratch
- Experience of Excel ® and VBA - this is our primary modelling platform
- Experience of quality control, strategic and technical review / critique of economic models
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and comfort liaising with technical and non-technical clients (both internally and externally)
- Proven ability to explain complex calculations and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to manage projects within timelines, budget and scope
- Proven ability to resolve issues and challenges
You will have a distinct advantage if you have:
- Line management experience
- Experience developing global models
- Experience developing HTA and reimbursement submissions (particularly for NICE and SMC)
- Experience of programming individual patient simulations or discrete event simulations (preferably in R or VBA)
- Experience of analysis of clinical trial data for use within health economic models, e.g. survival analysis, quality of life analysis, and combinations of RCT and non-RCT data
- Peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying, please or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.