Managed Care Specialist - Entry Level
PDI Inc., a Publicis Health Company, has partnered with one of the most admired pharmaceutical companies in the world and are seeking a full time,
Managed Care Specialist (MCS)
The Managed Care Specialist (MCS) provides an effective and
efficient means by which the Client company can reach customers and supplement
existing promotional channels with the goal of enhancing customer experience. This
is a non-selling, non-detailing position.
The MCS is responsible for generating customer awareness of Client brands
by delivering unparalleled customer service to health care professionals and
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS from 4 year accredited college or university
- 2+ years of demonstrated track record of success in business-to-business marketing or sales support in a related field or with an established leader in customer service excellence.
- Knowledge of private payer, Medicare, and Medicaid structure, systems and processes.
- Pharmaceutical reimbursement, pharmacy benefit, medically oriented background.
- Ensure that physician and office staff needs are met by delivering non-selling, transaction-oriented activities which do not include product messaging.
- Distribute company approved product materials to customers: (Stand alone marketing materials, Educational Information, Managed care information)
- Understanding customer business needs and supporting CSO offices
- Live and phone engagements with targeted physician offices
- Maintain territory as a business to achieve customer satisfaction
- Establish and manage high quality customer relationships.
- Demonstrate follow-up and be able to deliver and address customer concerns
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Publicis Health Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Created and maintain a positive impression with client and client's customers.
- Participate in teleconference and live National, regional and district meetings and training sessions. Represent client at National and/or local conventions when requested.
- Must be able to drive to and around customer offices within the assigned territory, must hold a valid drivers's license.
- Must be able to travel for work related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekends)
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must reside locally within assigned territory.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Clear articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional demeanor
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service
- Proficiency with using technology for business purposes
- Essential Core Competencies: Action Oriented, Problem Solving, Priority Setting, Drive for results, Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective time management skills and prioritizing/planning skills
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to servicing client's customers within the parameters of the program.
PDI, a Publicis Health Company, was the first contract sales
organization that provides insight-driven, multi-channel messaging for
established and emerging healthcare companies. Today, PDI is pioneering new and
innovative approaches to how pharmaceutical and medical device companies engage
customers. When you join PDI, whether as part of our field sales organization
or at our corporate headquarters, you have the opportunity to work with and
learn from leaders in the health care industry. Our Commitment to team- oriented
culture and value based leadership model provides an environment where our
employees can work to their full potential.