|About the Department|
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Accountable to assist in the development and implementation of product business plans, key strategic imperatives, positioning & messaging for marketing initiatives across the entire diabetes or obesity portfolio and for designated customer segments to achieve Novo Nordisk Profilt & Loss (P&L) goals. Responsible to develop & ensure the alignment of brand positioning and messaging. Serves as the primary brand point person and develops and coordinates the overall brand plan, while ensuring brand alignment of all initiatives with the Circle of Excellence (COE’s) and customer segment. Responsible to Develop & implement annual brand tactical plans through the development of brand strategies, communications strategies, positioning, etc. Participates on the Extended Brand Team (EBT) for designated brand and provides key input into the brand planning process.
Reports to the Brand Vice President (VP) or Brand Director. Internal relationships are with other members of the brand team and Business Unit. Build strong relationships by working closely with other Brand Managers and units within Diabetes and/or Obesity Marketing. Works closely with field sales to ensure marketing programs are developed that strongly support their direct and indirect needs with customers. Maintains close collaboration with Medical, Regulatory and Legal functions. External relationships include relations with professional services vendors. May also interact with NN/AS. May supervise others.
- Accountable to manage the brand/portfolio budget process for designated area - makes sound decisions to optimize spend and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services are maintained while costs remain on track and according to budget. Monitor agency expenses by looking for opportunities to maximize value while minimizing agency costs. Follow internal and external procedures in managing contracts. Regularly tracks and reconciles expenses to ensure budget is on track
- Develops accurate short and long term plans, forecasting, and business analysis. Ensures timely execution and follow-up, meets deadlines, prioritizes projects and time, anticipate problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management
- Develops and presents compelling plans for management endorsement
- Develops/executes marketing plans in conjunction with the COE while ensuring customer segment portfolio alignment
- Lead the development of annual strategic product plans for assigned products utilizing input of extended brand teams. This includes working with the relevant units to ensure in-depth market analysis, effective market research activities, thought leader development, forecasting, pricing strategy, etc.
- Manages all aspects of the marketing mix including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product developments and/or changes as it related to patient marketing
- Develops marketing plans that strategically balances NNI’s portfolios across diabetes and obesity based on brand life-cycle planning
- Works with medical and marketing functions to create and implement market shaping strategies in anticipation of product launches
- Develops the implementation of pre-launch and launch plans, and post launch business plans/strategies
- Champions the Triple Bottom Line in development of brand strategy and tactical initiatives
- Participates on teams and works cross-functionally to integrate all plans and strategies and ensure strategic alignment
- Understands Novo Nordisk’s values and their importance to business results
- Manages brand positioning messages, and key objectives
- Manages sales force communication and training regarding related programs ensuring effective integration with Sales Force activities
- Measures return on investment (ROI) on all implemented programs and presents results to all stakeholders within 60 days of program completion
- Participates in the development of market research plans
- Works closely with Marketing Effectiveness to ensure tracking of implemented programs are reported in a timely manner to all stakeholders
- Plans, develops and executes plan of action (POA) strategy and “Call to Action”
- Assists in the development of personal healthcare professional (HCP) promotional materials – collaborates with COE for respective expertise in customer segment; ensures brand alignment of all initiatives with COEs
- Develops and implements brand positioning and messaging to customer segment
- Develops and implements effective brand related messages, positioning, programs and initiatives to drive value and profitability
- Develops and implements programs to improve compliance and persistency with existing patients, and to enhance retention of key brands with existing patients
- Manages and adheres to promotional review board (PRB) review process and deadlines for submission of all related materials
- Manages other brand functions as needed including special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Proactively communicate with COEs and others to ensure transparent communications within and outside the department
30-40% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 7 years sales and/or brand management/marketing experience within the pharmaceutical industry required
- 2 years as a Brand Manager or equivalent relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in designing and implementing project plans
- MBA preferred
- Planning, Execution and Follow-Up – effectively prioritizes and spends time and the time of others on what is important. Develops accurate short and long term plans, forecasting, and business analysis
- Ensures timely execution and follow-up. Meets deadlines. Anticipates problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management
- The ability to work on cross functional teams and effectively represent patient marketing on these teams
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59284BR
Job Category: Marketing