|About the Department|
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding NNI’s short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of patient access and support programs. Additionally, this person will be responsible for driving new initiatives related to appropriate patients to ensure these programs provide best-in-class support while keeping a close eye on the budget and continuously evaluating approach for efficiencies. This individual will maintain a high-level of collaboration and integration with all field based teams Brand Marketing, Training, Market Access, Legal, Compliance, and Finance The position has high exposure to senior management and requires a highly motivated individual who is able to work cross-functionally & independently in order to accomplish objectives.
Reports to the Associate Director, Patient Access Support. Key internal relationships include brand marketing, market access, commercial effectiveness, sales, medical/Clinical Medical Regulatory (CMR), legal, compliance, and regulatory. Other internal relationships include Public Affairs, Government Affairs & US Corp Giving & Social Impact. External relationships include relations with patient/caregiver consultants and, key opinion leaders (KOLs), professional organizations, customers and patient support service providers and organizations.
- Support all inline and future launch products. This includes supervising HUB/call centers, and related reimbursement support programs/services
- Oversee existing patient support programs, day to day operations with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient needs
- Develop, design, and implement ongoing management of all patient reimbursement support programs
- Develop performance dashboards and interpret hub data for purposes of assessing market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Enhance the PSP customer experience via benchmarking, customer feedback, auditing and active call monitoring
- Ensure strong collaboration with relevant cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and business rules related to all US patient support Maintain program SOPs, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports. Manage external partner performance against contractual arrangements, SOPs, KPIs, and budget
- Demonstrate fiscal discipline and accountability to effectively and efficiently manage external partners and vendors’ performance through appropriate metrics. Negotiate and executes contracts / SOWs and budgets for desired services
- Responsible for communication and engagement strategies between field sales, marketing and reimbursement support partners to ensure awareness and escalation of reported issues and customer concerns
- Engages regularly with healthcare professionals to address concerns and drive ongoing and appropriate patient support experiences
- Coordinates agency training in line with business objectives and with input where appropriate from marketing/sales/legal/compliance
- Develops and presents compelling plans and recommendations for management endorsement
- Identify and communicate strategic insights and trends in health plan coverage, competitive support offerings, healthcare reform, patient access and provider needs
- Develop strategic recommendations and implementation plans for Obesity patient support programs
- Support the annual brand planning process with data driven insights
- Analyzes the market in terms of coverage and reimbursement issues impacting Novo Nordisk’s products, existing and emerging payer policies, competitive reimbursement landscape, trends, pricing, contracting strategies and potential barriers to provider and patient access
- Acts as a key representative of Novo Nordisk, on behalf of Patient Support Programs, to outside organizations and healthcare professionals
- Attends key customer meetings to proactively remain up-to-date on changes and related needs for patient support
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure completion of data feed enhancement and mapping with recent data capture enhancements
20% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA-preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive brand management/marketing and/or sales/operations experience required; Minimum of 2 years of people management experience is required
- Experience with patient support hubs, pharmacies and/or healthcare institutions preferred
- Agency/Vendor management experience required
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate on cross-functional teams required
- Must have proven track record of developing accurate short and long term business plans, results and follow up
- Demonstrated experience of the pharmaceutical marketplace including legal, medical, regulatory and clinical processes is required
- Develops accurate short and long term plans, forecasting, and business analysis
- Intermediate proficiency in Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer /F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59082BR
Job Category: Finance