|About the Department|
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare provider, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes.
Builds relationships, and differentiates Novo Nordisk products in the marketplace, with targeted accounts that influence patient access and care. Targets include a range of influential stakeholders and decision makers, including but not limited to: National Group Purchasing Organizations, National and Regional Long Term Care Pharmacy Providers,, National and Regional Federal Organizations such as Veterans Affairs and associated medical centers, Department of Defense and associated medical treatment facilities, and Indian Health Services and associated regional sites, , as defined by the role. Account activities include, but are not limited to, formulary placement/consideration for Novo Nordisk products, integrating overall NNI brand and corporate awareness across the customer's organizational structure.
This position reports into a Director or Sr. Director within the Area or National Market Access Teams.
Internally, this position has the responsibility of informing all appropriate NNI personnel of any access changes or updates in account status within targeted accounts, which may impact sales and marketing activities or other efforts across the organization. Key collaboration partners include the entire Market Access & Public Affairs Team, PCOR (Pricing, Contracting, Operations and Reimbursement), Marketing, Commercial Sales, Medical Affairs, Legal & Compliance and Human Resources.
External relationships include responsibility for multiple channels and customers as outlined in the Purpose of this Job Description. This role also develops productive relationships and maintains contact with key account personnel, including C-suite executives and department heads. Additionally, this role maintains relationships with other local and national associations, organizations, and patient support partners.
Master product and disease state knowledge
Demonstrates business acumen
- Demonstrates a clear and thorough understanding of targeted disease states and their impact on all stakeholders/customers, as well as the full range of treatment options available and associated clinical outcomes. Serves as a “go to” resource for colleagues in this regard.
- Proactively leverages detailed knowledge of both Novo Nordisk and competitor products to communicate effectively and appropriately with key decision makers and influencers and differentiate NNI products in alignment with customer and patient needs and goals. Functions as a subject matter expert to others.
Builds business-relevant relationships
- Identifies new proactive methods, and leverages existing methods, to gather and demonstrate a thorough understanding of integrated customer accounts, customer business models, financial dynamics, marketplace developments, competitive strategies, healthcare policy and NNI strategies and processes.
- Seamlessly integrates national sales and marketing strategies into plans that are applicable to an Area’s unique market dynamics. Continuously monitors the changing local and national healthcare environment and adjusts business plans in a timely manner, identifying trends that may be applicable to other similar geographies.
- Coordinates, implements, and follows through on all relevant account contracts.
- Keeps abreast of all pricing changes and related impact to customer relationships and decision-making. Understands how these changes impact the business at a macro level, rather than just account specific implications.
- Proactively identifies NNI PRB approved patient-centric resources based on a deep understanding of customer-specific needs or opportunities.
Develops and executes business plans
- Strategically leverages a network of relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure an aligned, customer-focused approach for the execution of business plans. This includes, but is not limited to, relationships with Sales colleagues to address localized geographic needs and opportunities.
- Identifies and influences key stakeholders who impact relevant customer accounts.
- Develops plans to gain access to, build, maintain and leverage ongoing business-relevant relationships.
- Maintains and keeps customer information current within approved NNI CRM platform(s).
- Collaboratively identifies and prioritizes business opportunities based on an understanding of customers across geography. Understands how these opportunities can impact the business at a macro level, rather than just at the account level.
- Develops, adapts and independently implements business plans that facilitate access to the NNI portfolio.
- Leads cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of prioritized opportunities and integrated customer account strategies.
- Follows-up with internal and external stakeholders to review product value, quality of care and account satisfaction.
- Ensures timely and compliant administrative reporting in the form of bi-monthly expense reports and CRM system usage, as specified.
- ~50-60% overnight travel required, relative to specific geographic needs
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in business-relevant field preferred
- A Minimum of 4 years successful account management experience within the healthcare market or equivalent channel specific experience.
- Federal, Long Term Care, and Hospital channel experience preferred
- At least 9 years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience required, 7 years in a commercial or sales-related function
- Multiple channel and customer experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective customer presentations
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58845BR
Job Category: Market Access