|About the Department|
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Director, Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) acts as an Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Value Evidence (VE) champion and is accountable for the development of short-term and long-term strategy, plan, budget and evidence to support the value proposition of Novo Nordisk brands, services, channels and/or public affairs initiatives with the specific healthcare organizations and accounts. The Director, Value Evidence and Outcomes works in a matrix organization coordinating and supporting different functions/groups within the Account Team, Regional Teams, Medical Affairs and Market Access. The key deliverable for this role is the development and implementation of the plans for interaction with the data systems within the account to support research projects and collaborations, quality improvement initiatives and innovative contracts.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Value Evidence and Outcomes. The Director, Value Evidence and Outcomes leads the development of productive account-focused networks both within and outside Novo Nordisk, serving as a champion for HEOR & VE and works very closely with key internal stakeholders. She/he works closely with all Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) functions, including Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Access, Regional Teams, Public Affairs, Legal, and other key internal stakeholders.
Accountable for HEOR programs for in-line products
- Provide leadership, strategic insights, and input for account related activities in the areas of real world evidence (RWE) and HEOR
- Responsible for all aspects of effective project management, including RFP development, selection of research partners, contract execution, budget planning, protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications in alignment with Medical Affairs and commercial strategies
HEOR strategic research collaborations with payers, integrated health systems and/or others
- Plan, design, execute, disseminate and provide guidance for HEOR/real world evidence strategy and programs within a specific account
- Fully leverage HEOR programs and/or studies to support research collaborations, quality improvement programs and innovative contracts
- HEOR Liaison should anticipate new market place for real world evidence needs, coordinating with key NNI stakeholders to develop strategy, plan and budget, and developing/communicating evidence within the account based on local real world data
Responsible for HEOR strategy, plan and annual budget
- Work with key internal stakeholders, especially Market Access, Medical Affairs and Marketing to develop HEOR research collaboration strategy, plan, budget and programs to support key account management (KAM)
- Fully leverage HEOR programs and/or studies to support research collaborations with key customers
- Work with key research partners to co-chair specific joint committees, develop research agenda and specific research protocols, scientific presentations and publications
- Design tools and materials based on the research for Novo Nordisk internal communication and also for external communications by FMA and other functions when applicable
Develop plans and specific programs to support public affairs – related initiatives, such as quality measures/metrics, population health management, quality improvement, etc.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders, e.g., Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Regional Teams, to develop long term HEOR strategy and plan and also secure budget to support HEOR activities within the account
Support outcomes-based concepts, e.g., innovative contracting.
Responsible for the collaboration with academic institutions and scientific/policy leaders within account/region on HEOR-related matters, and dissemination of OR data through scientific presentations and publications. Serve as an HEOR lead for regional/state policy related activities such as Public Affairs initiatives.
- Develop framework, strategy, plan and/or waterfalls to support innovative contracting
- Carefully evaluating customer data infrastructure and analytics capability to support innovative contracting
10-20% overnight travel required.
- A PhD (preferred) or Masters/MD/PharmD degree in appropriate healthcare-related field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics, medicine, biomedical sciences)
- Adequate knowledge and experience in conducting health economics, health services research studies, real world research and the evaluation of health care interventions
- At least 5 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, medical affairs, and/or portfolio analysis, with at least 2 years in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare
- Keen knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, integrated health systems, Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBMs), Medicare, and Medicaid
- Strong knowledge of healthcare big data and applications
- Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development
- Experience in preparing or reviewing materials for drug formularies
- Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58810BR
Job Category: Clinical Development