Within Field Medical Affairs (FMA), this position has primary responsibility for directing clinical engagement efforts and developing/implementing medical account strategies on behalf of Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) among identified strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts. As primary Medical Affairs point of contact to key payers, this individual provides evidence-based scientific information (proactive and reactive clinical and Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) information) for NNI products to executive decision makers, thought leaders and business influencers. S/he is accountable for the development and maintenance of strong ongoing clinical relationships with business critical customers including C-suite individuals, Pharmacy Directors, Medical Directors, and other key clinical decision makers within both strategic and priority Managed Markets (MM) accounts.
Maintains a network of external relationships with key C-suite individuals, pharmacy directors, medical directors, and other customer groups within Managed Markets. Accountable for managing multiple internal relationships (mainly Market Access, Medical Operations, HEOR and Medical Affairs). Serves as a subject matter expert and primary clinical point of contact for key strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts. Position reports to Field Director/Senior Field Director/Executive Director.
Administrative Duties: Provides monthly reports on scientific leadership activities to Field Director including budget expenditures as directed. Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures. Secures and maintains effective administrative management of strategic national/regional business as well as operational and educational budgets.
Advocacy & Professional Relationship Development: Acts as a scientific resource for health care providers (HCP’s) and other NNI employees, as required. Attends and presents at assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia: ensures and maintains thorough knowledge of the latest and current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; develops, establishes and maintains relationships with key Managed Care Customers; conveys appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services; Provides leadership with Account Executives in answering unsolicited questions from Managed Care Customers. Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships. Demonstrates confidence in managing and developing relationships over time with key customers. Establishes and maintains relationships with key health care providers and key formulary influencers and responds to inquiries to establish and/or further the knowledge of NNI products and related topics. Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities. Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitors’ products to help inform medical and commercial decision making. Maintains a thorough/advanced and detailed working knowledge of NNI, its products, current scientific research and publications associated with same.
Field-Based Clinical Support: Communicates clinical account strategies to NNI Senior Leadership Teams and Core Medical Teams. Develops and maintains clinical relationships with key C-suite members, medical directors, pharmacy directors, and other clinical influencers at targeted strategic and priority MM accounts. Develops and presents product and advanced scientific updates for Formulary presentations. Directs and leads clinical engagement efforts on behalf of NNI at key strategic and priority MM accounts. Drives the development and implementation of MM strategy in alignment with Medical and Brand strategy. Manages and facilitates potential Pharmacoeconomic and Managed Care-initiated studies in the regions and refers requests for research grants from region to The Research Grants Committee or other appropriate in-house committees as directed. Manages internal relationships and collaborates and partners with Marketing, MM, HEOR management and other FMA teams to develop and implement scientific strategies to optimize NNI’s products and development activities in the medical community. Provides advanced scientific leadership for marketed products and development projects within the MM accounts, focusing on diabetes. Provides advanced scientific leadership for strategic Managed Care and Health Economics consultants and advisory board activities. Works collaboratively with the Senior Management of Managed Markets and Senior Management of Health Economics to identify, manage, and coordinate medical Support needs at key MM accounts.
50-75% overnight travel required.
Home based role in NY, NJ, Philadelphia or DE.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a health related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required (internship or residency may count toward experience, and an advanced degree may be substituted for experience when appropriate), with at least 3 years’ work experience in a field medical liaison role or Managed Markets setting
- A PharmD or other Doctoral degree (e.g. MD, PhD) with advanced professional licensure (e.g., NP, RPh) required
- A strong knowledge of clinical development/operations and working knowledge of FDA requirements required A strong knowledge of health economics and demonstrated ability to conduct value-based discussions with key MM customers required
- A thorough understanding of the formulary process across various payer channels required
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment required
- Advanced, in-depth understanding of US healthcare system, payers, reimbursement methods and integrated health systems required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently engage business critical MM customers and execute against challenges of a continually changing healthcare/payer landscape required
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership, strategic influencing, initiative ability, project management, internal and external relationship development, analytical/problem solving skills, and written/verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated flexibility in technical expertise across disease areas preferred
- Experience in account management and/or project management preferred
- Expert technical depth in disease area and ability to develop expertise across multiple disease areas
- Knowledge of information/technology systems preferred
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) preferred
- Work experience in a Managed Markets setting preferred
- Work experience in health economics and outcomes research preferred
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 55952BR
State/Provinces: New York
Job Category: Regulatory