|Your Groundbreaking Journey |
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Improve Systems & Equipment Reliability on assigned process, reduce system/equipment downtime on assigned process, & support operation of assigned process.
Required Education: Associates Degree in relevant field or equivalent military/industry training, which includes a thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical & control systems
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures in performance of assigned duties
- Lead the development & establishment of maintenance procedures, maintenance plans & spare parts lists for processes assigned.
- Perform/ lead corrective & preventative maintenance on assigned process in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret mechanical & electrical specifications, drawings & other technical data sheets.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, night shifts, extended shifts, &/or weekends.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are correctly documented in SAP.
- Partner with process owners to actively improve performance & reliability of process equipment.
- Lead the growth & development of the maintenance team by training fellow technicians in areas of expertise as well as learning new systems.
- Lead teams in Systematic Problem Solving (SPS) tools to establish Root Cause Analysis & resolve equipment issues.
- Partner with Process Owners on practical changes or improvements to equipment & department work practices.
- Partner with Responsible Engineers & Manufacturing personnel to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Other accountabilities as assigned.
Required Experience: 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable in two or more Process Areas listed above.
- Experience with automated records systems such as SAP.
- Proficiency in reading schematics, wiring diagrams & other technical documents. Computer literacy.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Experience in planning/organizing work, managing execution, checking results & revising the work plan in accordance with the daily work plan.
- Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment.
- Ability to work with hazardous materials including sanitants.
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production.
- Ability to stand on feet up to 12 hours or longer, day or night.
- Corrected vision to 20/30.
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 55590BR
Job Category: manufacturing