US-NC, Intern - Environment, Health & Safety Job 452413300A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 53444BR|
Title Intern - Environment, Health & Safety
Job Category Manufacturing
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Additional Information This is a Summer 2018 internship beginning on 21 May 2018 and ending on or around 03 August 2018.
No housing allowance will be provided.
* Learn core pharmaceutical manufacturing related processes (in relevant discipline) & working on projects & activities to meet customer, business & regulatory requirements.
* Learn & work with a variety of processes as assigned (dependent upon discipline) potentially including, but not limited to: Automation, Communications, Chemistry, Document Control, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Engineering, Human Resources, IT, Microbiology, Project Controls, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Supply Chain,&/or Training.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Conduct research, gather & analyze data, prepare &/or review documents, reports &/or presentations.
* Learn and support relevant processes, standards & policies.
* Work with, observe, assist &/or collaborate with & learn from Subject Mater Experts (SMEs).
* Apply & adhere to all Standards Operating Processes (SOPs), policies, and environmental, health & safety requirements
* Develop and/or implement Environmental, Health & Safety programs
* Conduct EHS assessments/inspections & work with area managers to ensure timely remediation of identified issues
* Communicate EHS performance statistics on a monthly/weekly basis Help Engineers with small process improvement projects
* Increase the awareness of safety through various communication tools
* Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
* Must be a rising junior, rising senior or graduate student with a 3.0 GPA or above.
Experience: 0-6 months of work-related experience.
* Knowledgeable in general business and/or Human Resources processes.
* Excellent computer skills to include: Proficiency in Excel, Word & familiarity/capability in most other Microsoft Office applications. Mandatory
Organization/Planning: Knowledgeable in general business or human resource process planning or work process organizing activities, gathering data, following up on results, etc.
Physical & Other Requirements may include:
* Ability to work in areas with odors/hazardous materials, near operating equipment, in high places, confined spaces and in moderate to loud noise environments.
* Available to work hours necessary to support production and maintenance activities.
* Service attitude: Demonstrates a “How can I help you today!” attitude.
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Department DAPI US - EHS
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com