US-NC, Facilities Engineer II - Black Utilities Job 443944400A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 52114BR|
Title Facilities Engineer II - Black Utilities
Job Category Engineering
Job Description Position Purpose:
* The purpose of this position is to maintain and optimize all black utilities systems for the DFP-US facility.
* Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: writing/reviewing specification; design reviews; equipment installation; commissioning & qualifications; SOP development; maintenance development & training; management of cost, quality & schedule within area of responsibility; establishing & maintaining positive working relationship with internal & external engineering team & stakeholders.
* All activities are aligned with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) program requirements.
* Maintain and improve system specifications for black utilities.
* Support all design, installation, commissioning, qualification, training activities for black utilities, as system owner/expert.
* Provide additional technical support for site project execution as required.
* Adhere to all Quality & environmental regulations within area of responsibility.
* Support technical development of Facilities Technicians.
* Continuous process improvement using cLEAN® concepts.
* Maintain & establish standards for procedures & maintenance plans.
* All safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent combination of education & experience
* 5-8+ years engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
* Knowledge & experience in the operations, maintenance, & design of cGMP utilities as well as working in a regulated environment (FDA, cGMP, OSHA).
Preferred: Electrical Distribution experience.
Technical/Process/Functional Knowledge: Mandatory
* Knowledgeable in black utilities systems to include: chilled water, plant steam, compressed air, vacuum, waste water, cryogenic storage, HVAC. Prior ownership/work experience required.
* Knowledgeable in clean utilities systems to include: WFI, pure water, clean steam, process air, electrical.
* Ability to read/review design drawings (CAD) with a basic understanding of P&ID, HVAC, & Electrical systems
* Understanding of technical documents such as URS, SAT, FAT, Validation Protocols
* Understanding of complicated product documentation & standard operating procedures with attention to high-level concepts.
* Computer literacy with associated systems
Organization/Planning: Proven expertise in planning/organization/execution of project & maintenance activities, following up on results, & revising the work plan for complex problems being resolved by cross functional teams.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Requires ability to move throughout the facility in the performance of duties in proximity of process equipment & areas.
* Ability to work hours necessary & according to customer needs.
* Domestic & International travel as required.
Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Department Facilities Management
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com