US-PA, Associate Director- Regional Medical Alignment- East Job 442375300A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 51729BR|
Title Associate Director- Regional Medical Alignment- East
Job Category Regulatory
Job Description Purpose
Through partnership with the East/West Field Medical Affairs Executive Directors, the Field Directors and the Home Office Medical Strategy and Operations team, the position is responsible for ensuring the execution of medical and stakeholder strategies and action plans to support the existing portfolio and pipeline products, at an area/regional/territory level aligned to the scientific and commercial objectives of the company. Additionally, the position will lead the coordination and management of the field business planning process and output, analysis of insight and identification of key themes and trends that are shared across regions. This position is field-based, and can reside anywhere within the geography covered by the Executive Director whom it supports (ie – East/West Area).
This position reports to an Executive Director, Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations – Patient & Portfolio with a dotted line reporting relationship to the East/West Executive Directors of Field Medical Affairs. The position collaborates extensively with Field Medical Directors, Home Office Medical Strategy and Operations team, Commercial Effectiveness, Associate Directors Regional Execution (ADREs) and functions that are responsible for processes, tools and systems that enable the field, the Field Medical Team and respective peers.
Field Execution: Partners with Executive Directors in preparation and execution of the area business plans across Diabetes, Obesity and Biopharm, performing data/insight analysis to identify Area/region/territory specific opportunities. Ensures the Field Medical Team is effectively executing the strategic and tactical elements of the annual Medical Affairs Plans and that any regional initiatives align to National Plans and priorities. Ensures regions have the resources, tools and support/training necessary to employ local market agility. Partners with Executive Directors Field Medical Affairs, Field Directors, and Training Team in execution of regional meetings. Partners with Medical Strategy & Operations (MSO) in the generation and interpretation of Veeva data (execution and insight). Partners with MSO in updating Veeva interface. Responsible for measuring and reporting on impact of Field Medical Affairs (FMA), including the support of Novo Nordisk Inc. clinical trial programs, e.g., Medical Affairs Research Collaboration (MARC).
Communication: In partnership with MSO and the Executive Directors (EDs), responsible for executing regional communications, with a goal of streamlining, simplification and consistency of communications. Ensures cascade of area information throughout the respective regions, preferably via Focal Point.
Serves as the liaison for regional communications between field and home office serving as the conduit from the region to key areas of the business internally. Partners with MSO in describing the impact of field medical affairs across the organization. Works with Commercial Directors/ADREs to ensure communication/awareness of initiatives across the field organizations.
Insight Analysis: Lead clinical insight analysis, communication and synthesis for Medical Affairs and key internal stakeholders. Filters information from the field to appropriate Field Directors/Executive Directors and MSO to ensure field intelligence is applied to plans, resources, tools and technology.
50-75% overnight travel required.
Field based East of the Mississippi.
Additional Information Qualifications
* A doctoral degree (PharmD, PhD) required; MBA a plus
* A minimum of 11 years relevant pharmaceutical, academic or clinical experience with a customer focus required; field experience highly preferred
* A minimum of 6 years relevant strategic development and/or implementation of stakeholder/customer engagement strategies required; MBA with pharmaceutical experience or experience in the healthcare environment is preferred
* Demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning and delivery of outcomes
* Very strong tactical familiarity with key market-shaping activities such as Key Opinion Leader (KOL) strategy and management
* Knowledge and relative to Novo Nordisk Inc and overall market trends in the areas of interest for Novo Nordisk Inc.
* A strong strategic mindset with understanding of market needs
* A future focused, innovative thinker with the ability to interpret patterns and trends in data
* Very strong familiarity with medical affairs activities such as Medical & KOL strategy and management, medical operations, clinical competitive intelligence and medical congresses
* Possess superior communication skills, both oral, written and presentation, and ability to engender trust and respect of peers and superiors
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS word software applications and overall advanced computer skills including Veeva or other Customer Relationship Management system required
* Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department CMR - MEDICAL AFFAIRS STRATEGY & OPS P&P
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - PA
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com