US-WA, Data Scientist Job 442375200A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 51783BR|
Title Data Scientist
Job Category Research
Job Description Purpose:
The Device Research & Innovation (DRI)-US Data Scientist will contribute to DRI-US vision to explore and develop new technology, product ideas, and game-changers that may hold the potential to add value to patients and Novo Nordisk in the future within therapeutic areas covered by Novo Nordisk corporate strategy. The Data Scientist will act as an expert in identifying data sources and interpretation of the right data in order to give essential input to the design of attractive products that balance satisfying user needs with innovative technical solutions and business potential according to Novo Nordisk corporate strategy. The Data Scientist will be responsible for developing, implementing and applying technical platforms. At the same time, the Data Scientist will be a strong team player, who contributes to development of device solutions and acts as a role model for others to follow.
The Data Scientist reports to a DRI-US Senior Project Manager.
Internal relationships include R&D colleagues in DRI-US and Device R&D colleagues in Denmark. This includes peer development engineers as well as specialists in Device Innovation Support (DIS) area.
External relationships include relationships with commercial collaboration partners as well as academia, and NNRC Seattle drug researchers may be included.
The Data Scientist is expected to:
Be responsible for setting standards for core technical platforms and continual optimization and application of processes. Constantly demonstrate independence and initiative in identifying and addressing business potentials and unmet patient needs by insight and utilization of data. Mine and analyze data to identify insights pertaining to health and disease management. Proactively develop new metrics and studies to identify means of improving patient care. Build and maintain processes to acquire, process and curate necessary data for analysis and insights. Translate analytic insights into real world solutions. Design methods to generate real-time predictive and descriptive analytics from big datasets. Engage in generation and maturing of relevant ideas, concepts as well as developing and engineering of products. This could e.g. be within new injection devices or adherence monitoring technology. Take peer leadership in making new, relevant inventions and ensure these are covered in new Novo Nordisk patent applications. Drive key deliveries in the maturing and development of products making them ready for milestones A-C according to Device R&D project manual. Occasionally participate in network with external collaboration partners, e.g. manufacturing partners, tool-shops, vendors, suppliers, etc.
Approximately 10% overnight travel.
* Level of education and experience: Relevant technical education at B.Sc. level with 6 years of experience from relevant industry such as medical device industry or technology research companies. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate.
* Preferred knowledge related to medical device development: computer aided engineering analyses, tolerance analyses, risk management, requirement engineering, etc.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
* Proven ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate across the local organization
* Track record of independently developing and implementing unique technical competencies critical for the advancement of the projects within the portfolio
* Ability to work independently as well as working in teams. Included in this is the ability to network with external parties
* Demonstrated ability to generate valuable and relevant ideas, create concepts based on ideas, and develop new products based on concepts
* Expected to be familiar with ‘creative innovation type of work’ as e.g. the Stanford ‘Design Thinking’ approach to innovation.
Specific or technical job skills:
Deep knowledge of at least one relevant technical area: mechanical engineering, hardware/software engineering, applied physics, bio-engineering, etc. Experience from development of medical devices would be an advantage.
Preferably experience within several of the following areas:
* Experience with analytics tools such as SAS or R
* Mathematical modeling for prediction, clustering and classification
* Strong experience in developing sound analytics-based solutions to solve problems
* Implementation or utilization of big data tools such as R, Hadoop, Impala, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.
* Proficiency at querying relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to pull and integrate data from various sources
* Experience in experimental design.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department NNRC - DIGITAL DEVICES
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com