US-NH, Automation Engineer Job 442119100A2-MZ
|Requisition ID 51784BR|
Title Automation Engineer
Job Category Quality
Job Description Novo Nordisk in New Hampshire has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to join our growing team! We’re looking for an Automation Engineer with a strong background in Siemens Software, understanding of HVAC systems, and ability to troubleshoot systems. This position provides support for technical, quality, and project issues related to automated systems.
Main job tasks:
* Responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, start-up and troubleshooting of automation and plant floor control systems that monitor and control facilities, utilities, and manufacturing processes.
* Participates in the design and / or selection of instrumentation, control devices, control panels, and control / electrical power systems throughout the facility.
* Assists with troubleshooting, testing, validation, deployment and on-going maintenance of Automation Systems.
* Provides support to manufacturing and facilities areas including the following activities:
* Support for resolution of deviations, investigations, and other quality issues.
* Tracking and evaluating control system trends or issues in collaboration with quality, engineering and manufacturing.
* Assists with the design, procurement, construction, installation, engineering start-up, documentation and validation activities of new and modified control systems.
* Participates in the development and implementation of procedural or automation improvements to support Plant Objectives.
* Works on project(s), tracks spending / budgets, creates scope of work, develops risk assessments, justification, cost estimates, implements purchase requisitions, funding requests, and manages contracts.
* Provides support for troubleshooting for issues found in the manufacturing environment.
* Occasional supervision or coordination of contractors.
* Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes
* Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others.
Knowledge, skills & abilities and experience:
Education & experience:
* Requires one or more of the following:
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering or related discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in facility/utility design and construction in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
* Certification as a Certified Control System Technician or a Certified Automation Professional from the International Society for Automation (ISA) plus two (2) years of experience in Plant Automation/Controls Engineering
Skills & abilities:
* Strong knowledge and experience with the following is required:=
* Instrumentation & Control Device operation and troubleshooting
* Programmable Logic Controllers
* Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
* Variable Speed Drives
* Electrical systems such as 120 VAC, 24 VDC, 480 VAC
* GAMP guidelines
* NFPA codes related to Automation & Electrical work
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, & PowerPoint).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment is required.
* Experience and skills to manage tasks or projects.
* Some knowledge in the following is desired:
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Networking systems (Ethernet).
* FDA and EMEA Regulatory requirements.
* Experience at a medium to large scale medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology process firm in an automation role.
* AutoCAD (ability to view, make minor changes).
* The ability to climb. stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, and walk.
* The ability to push, pull, lift, finger, feel, and grasp.
* The ability to speak, listen, and understand verbal and written communication.
* Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers.
* Lifting up to 33lbs/15kg of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual acuity to perform close activities such as: reading, writing, and analyzing; and visual inspection.
* The working environment includes a variety of physical conditions including: noise, inside and outside conditions, working in narrow aisles, and temperature changes; atmospheric conditions including: odors, fumes, and dust.
* Local and International Travel: 0-10%
Department NNUSBPI - MFG ENGINEERING & VALIDATION
Position Location US - Lebanon, NH
City West Lebanon
State/Provinces US - NH
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com