US-WA, RESEARCH SCIENTIST - T1D Job 431474600A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 50230BR|
Title RESEARCH SCIENTIST - T1D
Job Category Research
Job Description Purpose
To provide technical expertise and execute laboratory research strategies in support of multiple in vivo and in vitro projects focused on expedited evaluation and the clinical translation of therapies for type 1 diabetes and kidney disease. This position will be responsible for providing peer leadership and technical support in the laboratory for research experiments and data integrity.
• Reports to VP of T1D/DKD.
• Internal relationships including working closely with technical staff and other members of the scientific leadership team in T1D/DKD; regular collaborations with members of other research departments at NNRC-S; and frequent interaction with project managers and other colleagues in Denmark.
• May interact with external research collaborators both academia- and industry-based.
• Provide Scientific Leadership within Organization and also use experience to educate new employees and junior personnel on Novo Nordisk Ways and in methods of drug development
• Attend appropriate external scientific meeting and, where possible, present data.
• Oversee projects and programs through cross-collaboration of teams, requiring flexibility and excellent communication skills.
• Write, and review collaborative research manuscripts.
• Supervise and provide mentorship to Research Assistants, Associates and junior Scientists
• Achieve business goals, share information, learnings, knowledge and skills and promote cross-functional teamwork.
• Actively review patents and patent applications in areas of research relevance and identify opportunities.
• Assume responsibility for project design and implementation.
• Communicate regularly with international colleagues within Novo Nordisk.
• 0-10% overnight travel required
• Ph.D. required in immunology, molecular biology, or relevant biological science area with minimum 3-years post-degree experience in relevant research area.
• A subject matter expert with a high level of creativity.
• Previous industry experience preferred.
• For T1D-Stem Cell Research Area:
o Expertise in stem cell biology & therapeutic development required
o Experience in stem cell-derived beta cell function, therapeutic development, & immune interactions preferred
o Immunology experience preferred
Department NNRC - T1D MGMT
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com