US-NC, Sr. Supply Chain Planner Job 428475400A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 50056BR|
Title Sr. Supply Chain Planner
Job Category Supply Chain and Logistics
Job Description Position Purpose: This strategic role combines aspects of both supply chain planning & production planning. It is responsible for: aligning both long & short term production plans with external customer needs & production line capacities; ensuring material availability for production; continuously improving logistic processes & maintaining plans in SAP.
* Create detailed production plans in order to issue schedules to multiple production processes & lines.
* Updates & maintains plans in SAP to ensure data integrity.
* Creates & analyzes input data to prepare forecast & capacity utilization reports in SAP.
* Collaborates closely with Line of Business (LoB) to optimize schedules & production plans.
* Analyzing impact of changes to input variables effecting Supply Chain processes. Preparing & presenting Supply Chain status reports & analysis enabling Senior Management decision making.
* Completes daily Operational Planning (OP) steps in SAP.
* Ensure planned shipment of finished products to external customers according to customer order dates or inventory policies.
* Maintain & develop department procedures according to cGMP’s.
* Ensure effective communication with internal & external stakeholders.
* Provide consistent & stable demand for raw materials from suppliers by effective & efficient planning & communication in order to ensure availability of the right materials at the right time.
* Continuously improve supply chain management processes.
* Implement LEAN tools & Flow in the plant proactively; show a LEAN mindset.
* Create supply chain process transparency through high quality communication.
* Act as the backup for the site SAP APO Data Analyst.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
BS/BA in Supply Chain Management or related field
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, production planning or related field
* Excellent computer skills including Excel & material management systems
* 3+ years of experience planning in SAP APO & ECC
* Demonstrated understanding & capability in scheduling of multiple lines/multiple planning areas
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills; good presentation skills
* Experience implementing SAP
* Proven process improvement & problem solving skills
* Experience in LEAN Manufacturing environment including implementation of lean practices
Able to develop, manage action plans to achieve targets
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Majority of time in normal work environment
* Requires flexibility to work whatever hours are required to meet deadlines & targets supporting 24/7 operations
* Must be able to travel internationally, as required (Infrequent)
Department Supply Chain Planning
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com