US-NC, Sr QC Chemist - API Job 427675500A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 49923BR|
Title Sr QC Chemist - API
Job Category Quality
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Additional Information Position Purpose:
* Transfer of technology & processes in accordance with the QC project plans & timelines.
* Must be able to write user & technical lab specifications.
* Perform & review analysis in accordance with cGMP, site & corporate procedures & policies.
* Provide technical training, support, development, & coaching to chemists & others, as needed.
* Create qualification & validation documents.
* Prepare SOPs.
* Accuracy & scientific soundness of lab data.
* GMP compliance of lab.
* Environmental compliance.
* Timeliness of lab results.
* Instrument qualification.
* Perform non-conformity & change control activities.
* Other duties as assigned.
BS/BA in chemistry or related scientific field.
Minimum of 5 years of analytical laboratory experience.
* Knowledgeable in the following: Analytical Chemistry, GMPs & laboratory techniques.
* Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
* Able to perform HPLC analysis & basic troubleshooting for laboratory equipment.
* Must demonstrate attention to detail, proofreading & strong computer skills with a willingness to learn new IT applications.
* Experience with validation of QC methods & method transfer.
* Demonstrated ability to write technical & scientific documents & reports.
* Demonstrated ability to present technical & scientific information to others.
Ability to execute according to a structured plan.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site.
* Able to work with hazardous materials & chemicals.
* Corrected vision to 20/30.
* Able to lift 25 pounds with assistance
* Able to work extended hours to support manufacturing operations.
* Able to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%).
Department DAPI US - QC Chemistry & Utility
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com