US-WA, POST-DOC FELLOW - BIOINFORMATICS Job 422416800A2-MZ
|Requisition ID 49276BR|
Title POST-DOC FELLOW - BIOINFORMATICS
Job Category Research
Job Description PURPOSE:
To assist the Diabetic Kidney Disease (DKD) and Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) research group in evaluation of late-stage drug targets and development of new biomarkers for diabetic kidney disease, end-stage renal disease, and fibrosis as part of the global consortium, the Innovative Medicines Initiative, Biomarker Enterprise to Attack Diabetic Kidney Disease (BEAt-DKD). This limited-term post-doctoral fellowship will further the understanding the fibrotic process and progression of renal disease to help identify better ways of treating or reversing kidney disease. This position will be responsible for providing peer leadership and technical support for creating bioinformatics databases and ensuring data integrity. The post-doctoral fellowship will be guaranteed for 2 years with the option to extend one additional year.
The position will report to the Associate Director of Research in T1D and DKD. This position will work under the supervision of the DKD specialist and in close collaboration with the T1D/DKD Research team members. This position will also interact with other research groups at NNRC, including the onsite bioinformatics group, and external research collaborators. This post-doctoral fellow will interact with Denmark-based colleagues to support global research projects and participate in BEAt-DKD.
• Develop powerful analytic methods and strategies to integrate multi-modal high throughput omics datasets (RNAseq, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics) with the aid of detailed phenotypical data.
• Build interactive tools to assess novel drug targets and pathways in fibrosis and diabetic kidney disease, as well as diabetes, to identify biomarkers of progression and new therapeutics.
• Perform cross-species comparisons of kidney disease and diabetic gene networks, associated genetic variation, and expression patterns that may predict progression or therapeutic response.
• Work with data from clinical studies and actively participate in external, global consortia.
• Author high-impact manuscripts.
• Draft reports, and prepare/present slides to internal and external research teams.
• Approximately 5% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Education Level: PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Bioscience engineering, Computational Biology, knowledge in kidney disease or fibrosis is preferred.
• Experience Level: Minimum of 0-1 years of post-degree experience required.
• Specific or technical job skills:
o Strong computational systems biology background with demonstrated experience in integrating high-throughput omics data.
o Ideal candidate is fluent in command line environment, scripting languages (R/Bioconductor, Python), and database programming. Skills in interactive web applications will be a strong plus.
o Experience within the systems biology of Diabetic & Chronic Kidney Disease, fibrosis, and/or Diabetes/Metabolic Disease field is an advantage but not required.
o Experience with clinical studies, Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC), Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM), biomedical ontologies, etc. strongly preferred.
o Practical experience with data federation required
o Ability to work independently.
o Excellent written and oral communication skills.
o Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
o Excellent skills in collecting data and accurately maintaining laboratory notebooks.
Department NNRC - ANIMAL AND HUMAN RESEARCH
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com