US-NC, Reliability Engineer - API Job 420699400A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 49155BR|
Title Reliability Engineer - API
Job Category Engineering
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Act as strategic reliability partner with Line of Business to:
Project Phase: develop & standardize the Maintenance, Reliability, Planning & Spare Parts Program
Manufacturing Phase: maintain lifecycle plans, monitor asset performance & drive continuous improvement in designated area.
* Act as subject matter expert for Risk Based Asset Management Program.
* Ensure a standardized approach is followed in development of maintenance plans.
* Provide training to & facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to classify assets & develop cost effective maintenance plans & spare parts stocking strategies to support 24/7 operations.
* Ensure accurate, complete & standardized data is entered into CMMS.
* Establish, maintain & optimize PM, QM & MM structure, configuration & master data within SAP.
* Provide input to Risk Management Plan in anticipation of risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
* Perform Failure Analysis & Reporting & develop engineering solutions for repetitive failures.
* Support site shutdown planning & execution.
* Ensure effective communication & positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
* Drive continuous process improvements using cLEAN® or Six Sigma tools.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
* BS in engineering/related field or equivalent (experience + education). MANDATORY
* Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Equivalent.
* 5 to 10 years in engineering field with a focus in reliability to include a risk based approach towards development/optimization of maintenance strategies. MANDATORY
* In-depth knowledge of the following concepts: FMEA, RCM, PdM, CbM, Reliability by Design, PM optimization, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Analysis.
* Demonstrated experience in implementing cross functional / team based improvements & is knowledgeable with change management fundamentals.
* Knowledgeable in pharmaceutical processes including utility systems (clean & black), HVAC, etc.
* Demonstrated knowledge of CMMS - SAP PM, QM & MM modules. MANDATORY
* Demonstrated experience in driving improvements using cLEAN® or Six Sigma tools.
* Proven expertise in project management, change management & stakeholder management.
* Creation of work plans for medium complexity projects/plans being executed by cross functional teams.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. with assistance.
* Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment.
* Ability to work in loud noise environments.
* Ability to travel internationally.
* Ability to work hours necessary to support production/maintenance.
Department DAPI US - Planning & Reliability
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com