US-NJ, Manager - Market Research & Insights - BIO Job 420310500A2-MZ
|Requisition ID 49106BR|
Title Manager - Market Research & Insights - BIO
Job Category Finance
Job Description Purpose
Provide holistic, insight- driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders via portfolio-level and key brand primary market research that drives evidence-based strategic and tactical organizational decisions. Provide market research leadership and integration to assist in the development and implementation of brand strategies and tactical plans and the achievement of Novo Nordisk goals for assigned products. Contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic vision via in-depth market analyses. Develop innovative solutions to complex, unstructured problems with minimal guidance.
Report to the Associate Director- Biopharm Insights. Internal relationships include interactions with the Biopharm brand leads, extended brand teams (EBT), as well as global market research and brand teams. Drive and/or support all global and US specific market research projects related to the therapy area and oversee the work of available market research support functions that will assist in the project execution and management of specific research projects. External relationships include interactions with outside consultants.
* Ensures alignment of initiatives to the company’s overall business objectives and brands’ strategic imperatives.
* Develop and sustain close working relationships with key stakeholders, primarily in brand marketing team, but also in other departments and across global business units as needed
* Manage projects in accordance to the market research process, ensuring all requirements are met
* Synthesize data from multiple sources to bring added value to research studies, then draw and communicate customer insights in a business-oriented, concise and meaningful way.
* Ensure clear and ongoing communication of research results, key conclusions and recommendations through formal and informal channels.
* Present final research results to appropriate audiences
* Play a leadership role through interactions with internal stakeholders to provide evidenced-based guidance for new product/lifecycle planning and business plan development where appropriate; formulate/track potential marketing opportunities/strategies and associated implementation where appropriate.
* Support special business development functions and special projects as assigned
* Assess and develop new processes and techniques to advance market research capabilities and improve internal efficiencies
* Champion the Triple Bottom Line in Market Research and internal strategy consulting
* Develop innovative solutions to unstructured, complex problems.
* Make recommendations that have a significant impact on company (time, people, budget) resources and potentially affect the company’s ability to achieve its goals
* Drive a collaborative informal structure among market researchers to ensure better practices sharing on MR approaches, techniques, consolidated presentation development, business issue identification and methods for addressing help ensure that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, per direction and are internally consistent with group deliverable quality.
* Pro-actively seek process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes, proposing solutions, and driving approved implementation plans
* Strive to maintain awareness of 'best practices' in market research across industries by staying abreast of current and new data sources, MR techniques and MR agencies.
* Develop holistic and comprehensive market assessments and oversee other ad hoc analyses to proactively address issues in support of business objectives
* Independently provide actionable recommendations based on a) thorough analysis of internal and external business issues and environmental factors b) careful assessment of available data and determination of knowledge gaps c) translating data into trends with business impact
* Lead development of assigned market research plans in conjunction with Associate Director, Biopharm Insights and incorporate needs and opportunity assessments with Brand Leads; Consult with brand teams on proper focus and prioritization of marketing research resources against brand needs.Leverage decision-influence role to: drive development of product positioning, communication platform, shape and inform the optimization of the marketing mix through pre-post initiative strategic and tactical custom research across channels, enhance forecast accuracy through primary forecast impact research, provide foundation for customer segmentation, resulting in optimized, tailored sales and marketing targeting efforts, uncover and exploit consumer and prescriber insights to ultimately enhance customer connection and build brand loyalty, leverage customized tracking results to identify gaps and opportunities that can be utilized to maximize performance and blunt competitor efforts, etc.
* Design and analyze custom qualitative and quantitative marketing research projects with actionable recommendations in development/support of brand/portfolio strategy and tactics and in alignment with business planning process
* Oversee the management of qualitative and quantitative marketing research projects, associated budgets, timelines and relations with outside consultants.
* Support the planning process via lead role in developing market-based, holistic situation analyses that serve as foundational elements to brand planning processes. Identify issues/opportunities and associated strategies/actions to address by partnering with other members of Marketing Effectiveness.
* Evaluates and continuously improves the quality and alignment of all data, information and processes.
* Successfully positions role as consultant to key stakeholders by staying connected and foreseeing evolving business issues and decision support needs related to brand performance.
* Interprets and contextualizes analytical findings within the framework of existing body of research and market trends.
* Manages distinct, actionable business implications.
* Provides proactively integrated analyses for customers and other business groups (e.g., ad-hoc customer segment- level reports and trend reports for internal Sales and Marketing management) by conducting hypothesis-driven investigations into patient-level and transactional-level data.
* Leads the development and refinement of timely, on-going analysis and reporting to concisely communicate relevant business issues.
* Pro-actively manages the streamline and documentation of processes supporting the generation of tracking reports.
Additional Information Physical Requirements:
* 10-20% overnight travel required
* A Bachelor’s degree required; MS or MBA preferred.
* 6+ years of marketing/sales reporting and analysis experience in a pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods, or marketing organization required. 3+ years of experience in primary market research or strategic consulting required
* Experience in both primary market research and secondary data analytics preferred
* Creative problem solving with ability to solve complex, unstructured problems; see big picture from scattered pieces of information and present complex and disparate data in a clear and concise manner; must have an ability to see beyond the confines of MR data to broader business issues.
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines, and provide recommendations that will assist in the development of commercial strategies
* Excellent writing, presentation, project management and strong influencing skills required. Solid communications skills with ability to succinctly express point of view in various formats for a variety of deliverables to a diverse audience across multiple specialty areas.
* Proven experience working cross functionally and partnering with brand teams and other groups within an organization
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required. Highly proficient in integrating diverse sources of information and formulating business relevant strategic recommendations.
* Strong understanding of both primary and secondary research sources (i.e. IMS Audits)
* Works independently and is able to guide members of team toward achieving objectives and sets direction of self and others accordingly.
Department FIN - BIOPHARM COE
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com