US-WA, Research Scientist, Protein and Peptide Chemistry Job 406675900A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 47316BR|
Title Research Scientist, Protein and Peptide Chemistry
Job Category Research Scientist
Job Description RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to functional area head in Protein and Peptide Chemistry Seattle. Internal relationships include the project teams and research colleagues internally and globally. Communicates data and collaborates externally when required.
• Optimize peptides and proteins to clinical candidates meeting the desired pharmacological, chemical and biophysical criteria
• Integrate modern peptide sciences, synthetic organic chemistry and protein chemistry to the discovery of novel bio-therapeutics
• Lead the design, synthesis and purification of peptides and proteins.
• Design, plan and execute the experiments to thoroughly characterize peptides, proteins and the respective formulations by LC-MS and various biophysical methods to determine suitability for use in biological study.
• Track novel chemistry and relevant technologies that can be employed at Novo Nordisk to drive molecular innovation in peptide and protein modification and formulation.
• Effectively communicate with supervisor and colleagues to promote a world-class research environment.
• Contribute to external community by publishing and presenting, as deemed corporately appropriate.
• Approximately 0-5% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A PhD in organic, medicinal or bio-organic chemistry with a minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent.
• Strong analytical skills for integrating and interpreting interdisciplinary data
• Strong synthetic skills including peptide synthesis, organic synthesis, peptide conjugation, protein modification and semi-synthesis.
• Scholarly excellence in research as documented by strong publications and patents
• Effective written and oral communication skills, and strong commitment to research in a team environment focused on cutting-edge, industrial drug discovery.
Department NNRC - PROTEIN ENGINEERING MGMT (1)
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com