US-WA, RESEARCH SCIENTIST - PROTEIN ENGINEERING Job 403758000A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 46824BR|
Title RESEARCH SCIENTIST - PROTEIN ENGINEERING
Job Category Research Scientist
Job Description PURPOSE:
Protein Engineering in Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle provides peptides and proteins materials and engineering expertise for obesity and type 1 diabetes research. The Research Scientist will lead the biophysical characterization and formulation of peptides and proteins to determine the suitability for use in research projects. Will be responsible for methods development and implementation in these fields, execution of research experiments and communicating results to the matrix organization.
Reports to functional area head in Protein Engineering Seattle. Internal relationships include the project teams and research colleagues internally and globally. Communicates data and collaborates externally when required.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of biophysical characterization and formulation capabilities for peptides and proteins.
• Design, execute and analyze experiments to characterize peptides and proteins by relevant biophysical and analytical methods
• Optimize peptides and proteins formulations from early discovery to lead candidates meeting the desired pharmacological, chemical and biophysical criteria
• Independently investigate and apply new technical approaches
• Effectively communicate with supervisor and colleagues to promote a world-class research environment. Contribute to external community by publishing and presenting, as deemed corporately appropriate.
• Approximately 5 - 10% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A PhD in Pharmaceutical sciences, Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent
• Strong characterization skills with expertise in some of the following: Size-exclusion/reverse-phase HPLC/UPLC, light scattering techniques (MALS, DLS), fluorescence measurements, circular dichroism. Knowledge in particle analysis, SPR and mass spectrometry are advantageous
• Experienced in chemical and physical stability studies and formulation screening and optimization (in higher throughput format)
• Strong technical and analytical skills for designing experiments, integrating and interpreting data
• Track record of problem solving and contributing to designing new approaches as documented by strong publications and/or patents
• Effective written and oral communication skills, delivering protein for in vitro and in vivo experiments stakeholders, and strong commitment to research in a team environment focused on cutting-edge, industrial drug discovery
Department NNRC - PROTEIN ENGINEERING MGMT
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com