US-NC, Project Manager - Training Job 401692600A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 46593BR|
Title Project Manager - Training
Job Category Human Resources
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Additional Information Position Purpose:
* Project Manager for P&O work stream.
* The primary purpose of this position is to develop & maintain employee training needs, practices & procedures.
* Another focus of this position is towards developing & maintaining the training program for process operators & maintenance technicians.
* It also includes improving & maintaining the onboarding of newly hired employees within the first 90 days.
* This includes preparing and/or conducting training programs, as well as coordinating on site/off site operational training classes and/or seminars.
* Build training activities for relevant project areas.
* Establish relationships with all relevant internal stakeholders & external institutions as needed.
* Keep abreast of training & development research, including learning theory, motivation theory & new materials.
* Support implementation of HR Systems.
* Plan & execute on-boarding plan aligned with recruitment activities.
* Organizational consulting & future planning.
* Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
* Other Duties: NNWay (modeling & teaching values), training, promoting diversity, training needs assessment, new employee orientation segments, meeting planning & co-facilitation.
* Other specialist duties (process championship roles) as assigned to support fellow partners & the business.
Education: BA/BS in human resources or related field (MA/MS preferred), or an equivalent combination of education & experience. Mandatory
* Minimum 5-7 years of relevant project management experience, preferably in a multi-shift manufacturing organization.
* Previous management & project start-up experience a plus.
* 3 years of experience with Instructional Systems Design.
* Strong project management skills.
* Business understanding, pharmaceutical knowledge a plus.
* Understand current Instructional System Design.
* Competencies: Lives the NN Way Values/Essentials, sets direction & strategy, fosters innovation & continuous improvement, manages business complexity, inspires & motivates, drives performance, collaborates across boundaries, coaches & develops people.
* Communications: written, verbal, presentation. Impact & influence.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint software. Experience with GlobeShare a plus.
* Change management.
* Organizational development programs execution, including: planning, staffing, problem resolution, future planning & organizational development, etc.
* Proven expertise in organizing information & people from across the organization to develop & implement policies & programs to promote positive employee relations.
* Support core processes to meet or exceed company business goals.
* Proven expertise in driving large scale project plans.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Ability to move throughout the facility to interact with others in a normal office & manufacturing environment.
* Ability to work hours required for execution of duties in a 24/7 operation, including some evenings &/or weekends.
* Overnight travel, including international travel, required on occasion.
Department DAPI US - People & Organization
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com