US-NJ, Director, Value Evidence & Outcomes (Multiple positions) Job 398596600A6-MZ
|Requisition ID 42953BR|
Title Director, Value Evidence & Outcomes (Multiple positions)
Job Category Clinical Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
The HEOR – Customer Value Liaison acts as an HEOR champion and is accountable for the development of short-term and long-term strategy, plan, budget and evidence to support the value proposition of Novo Nordisk brands, channels and/or public affairs initiatives with the specific organizations and accounts. The incumbent must possess expertise, knowledge, experience and credibility to be viewed as an HEOR expert. The HEOR Liaison works in a matrix organization coordinating and supporting different functions/groups within the Account Team, Regional Teams, Medical Affairs and Market Access. The key deliverable for this role is the development and implementation of the plans for interaction with the data systems within the account to support research projects and collaborations, quality improvement initiatives and innovative contracts.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Customer Value. The HEOR Liaison leads the development of productive account-focused networks both within and outside NN, serving as a champion for HEOR and works very closely with key internal stakeholders. She/he works closely with Head Office NNI functions, Managed Markets Liaisons, Market Access, Regional Teams, Public Affairs, Legal, and other key internal stakeholders.
* Provide leadership, strategic insights, and input for account related activities in the areas of RWE and HEOR. The incumbent must understand the US market landscape and serve as a leader and expert to ensure the right input is provided from the HEOR perspective to Managed Markets Liaisons, Market Access, Regional Teams, Public Affairs, Legal, and other key internal stakeholders. In addition, she/he must be able anticipate key customers’ needs and develop account focused HEOR plan and programs/studies accordingly with the 2-3 years planning cycle.
* Responsible for all aspects of effective project management, including RFP development, selection of research partners, contract execution, budget planning, protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications in alignment with Medical Affairs and commercial strategies.
* Accountable for HEOR programs for in-line products:
* Plan, design, execute, disseminate and provide guidance for HEOR/real world evidence strategy and programs within a specific account.
* Fully leverage HEOR programs and/or studies to support research collaborations, quality improvement programs and innovative contracts.
* HEOR Liaison should anticipating new market place for real world evidence needs, coordinating with key NNI stakeholders to develop strategy, plan and budget, and developing/communicating evidence within the account based on local real world data.
* HEOR strategic research collaborations with payers, integrated health systems and/or others:
* Work with key internal stakeholders, especially Market Access, Medical Affairs and Managed Markets to develop HEOR research collaboration strategy, plan, budget and programs to support key account management (KAM).
* Fully leverage HEOR programs and/or studies to support research collaborations with key customers.
* Work with key research partners to develop research agenda and specific research protocols, scientific presentations and publications.
* Design tools and materials based on the research for Novo Nordisk internal communication and also for external communications by FMA and other functions when applicable.
* Responsible for HEOR strategy, plan and annual budget:
* Work closely with key internal stakeholders, e.g., Managed Markets, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Regional Teams, to develop long term HEOR strategy and plan and also secure budget to support HEOR activities within the account.
* Responsible for the collaboration with academic institutions and scientific/policy leaders within account/region on HEOR-related matters, and dissemination of OR data through scientific presentations and publications. Serve as an HEOR lead for regional/state policy related activities such as Public Affairs initiatives.
* A PhD (preferred) or Masters/PharmD degree in appropriate field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics)
* Advanced knowledge and experience in conducting health economics, health services research studies, real world research and the evaluation of health care interventions
* At least 5 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, and/or portfolio analysis, with at least 2 years in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare
* Comprehensive knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, integrated health systems, PBMs, Medicare, and Medicaid
* Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development
* Experience in preparing or reviewing materials for drug formularies
* Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
* Works within NNI’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to Novo Nordisk Essentials.
* 10-20% overnight travel required
Department CMR - CLIN DEV & RES DIABETES & OBESITY
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com