US-WA, Regional Medical Scientist- North West Job 396716000A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 45775BR|
Title Regional Medical Scientist- North West
Job Category Field Medical
Job Description Purpose:
The purpose of this role is to provide coverage to top and strategic KOL’s within region, act as a link to Princeton Home Office, serve as a resource to field medical team, and support research and other strategic projects. The overall goal of this position is to raise the effectiveness and quality of scientific exchange of the entire field medical team.
Strategic determination of change of region and territory prioritization will be based on customer need and analytics which identify need for change. This may occur at any time throughout the annual performance cycle.
The RMS will report directly to the regional Field Director. Serves as a medical expert to regional FMA team, regional sales management colleagues, Medical Directors, Strategy & Operations colleagues. External customers will include influential medical opinion leaders within region. Serves as the consultant to management in long term company planning.
ADVOCACY & PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
• Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships.
• Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities.
CLINICAL RESEARCH SUPPORT:
• Acts as the Regional point for IIS and Trial Site support as needed in alignment with the direction and leadership of the RGC chair.
• Consultants resource for regional MLS.
• Participates on MARC teams in region.
FIELD LIAISON RESPONSIBILITY:
• Covers top 20 strategic National and Regional KOL’s in area.
• Ensures compliance with all internal/external SOPS/rules and regulations regarding NNI products, customer interaction, relationships, etc.
• Supports and manages broader KOL base within region as Consultant resource for regional MLs.
• Acts as the FMA delegate to CMR Project Houses & EBTs.
• Assists in capturing and coordinating regional feedback/insights.
• Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitor product to help inform medical and commercial decision making.
• Home Office liaison responsibility.
• Key liaison between Home Office and Field.
• Provides expert medical product support.
• Provides PRB support as needed/MAR Review.
• Provides support to the Field Director in developing a regional medical strategy.
• Develops, conducts and reviews Sales training content.
• Provides internal training – FMA and Sales.
• Provides regional team meeting support.
• Supports development of field tools.
• Working with the FD, assists with on-boarding new-hires – therapeutic focus.
• Working with the FD, shadows and mentors MLs - therapeutic focus.
• 50-75% overnight travel required.
• Home office based in Seattle or San Francisco Bay areas.
• A MD required.
• A minimum of one year pharmaceutical experience working in a matrix organization as ML or Medical Director strongly preferred.
• Clinical trial experience (preferred).
• Physician boarded in specialty area (e.g., endocrinology) preferred & 5 years clinical practice (fellowship or residency may count toward experience).
• Prior experience in a teaching/training role preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
Department CMR - NORTH WEST
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com