US-OH, Diabetes Educator- Toledo, OH Job 396623700A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 45647BR|
Title Diabetes Educator- Toledo, OH
Job Category Sales
Job Description PURPOSE:
* Responsible for delivering diabetes education based on ADA Standards of Care.
Educates primary care providers, Endocrinologists and other medical staff and
patients on how to better manage people with diabetes according to national
guidelines. Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed
* Reports to a Diabetes Education Manager (DEM). Internally, proactively and
effectively collaborates with sales, marketing, medical and legal personnel.
Represents the organization as a prime contact with customers and field
counterparts. Engages with a variety of customers in a complex marketplace.
Ability to manage multiple external relationships including relations with patients,
vendors and healthcare providers.
* Conduct educational programs in primary care and endocrinology offices for HCPs
and office staff to ensure all diabetes education knowledge is current.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory/legal mandates.
* Ensure that education delivered follows the ADA standards of care
* Implements customized educational programs based upon needs.
* Implement Diabetes curriculum and direct overall staff training, programs and
educational goals under very general supervision, following DEP guidelines.
* Serve as a trusted advisor in diabetes education for targeted healthcare
* Responsible for the completion of territory goals.
* Work closely with management giving insight and gaining knowledge of the staffs'
and patients' educational needs.
* Adjust territory routing to help ensure that targeted providers receive exposure to
* Prioritize budget resources to drive access and overall DEP strategy.
* Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with field counterpart to leverage
collaborative opportunities while staying within DEP and Novo Nordisk policies and
* Executing on DEP tactics and demonstrates adaptability if/when the strategy
* Demonstrate openness to coaching and development and make adjustments based
* Involve health systems, employers and other community stakeholders to capitalize
on emerging opportunities
* Approximately 15-45% overnight travel depending upon territory.
* Must maintain a valid driver’s license and obey all applicable traffic laws.
DEVELOPMENT OF PEOPLE:
* Not Applicable
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A CDE is preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years relevant clinical experience required.
* Diabetes care management experience preferred. Registered Nurse, Registered
Dietitian, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, or other NCDBE
recognized disciplines required.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required.
* Ability to work independently in a field-based role required.
* Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and
standards in Diabetes Care. Full knowledge of industry practices in Diabetes Care
Department SALES - EP GREAT LAKES
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - OH
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com