US-NC, Sr Technical Writer Job 395840600A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 45682BR|
Title Sr Technical Writer
Job Category Human Resources
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Additional Information Position Purpose:
* Designs, improves & maintains the document creation & revision process for DAPI documents at site Clayton in order to support Process Responsible personnel on-site.
* Key member of DAPI technical writer network & serves as English language technical writing expert for DAPI framework documents.
* Leads, trains, coaches & mentors other technical writers and SME’s working to establish DAPI & other documents.
* Design & own process for implementation of new DAPI (Local & Framework) documents, to include change control, document creation, assessment of training/documentation & routing/approval process.
* Improve local change process for revision of documents, with focus on compliance with existing procedures in a way that guarantees ease of use for document owners, users & quality approvers.
* Collaborates cross-functionally with DAPI DK department & maintains stakeholder relationships.
* Supports authors in the writing process with language usage, document control process & related tools.
* Reviews local QMS documents to ensure clear & reader friendly language.
* Fulfills a key role in the SOP Expert Network, Process Workshops, & other document governance groups.
* Provides specialist knowledge on the writing process to ease understanding, choice of document type, structure & language usage of the operational documents.
* Coaches others in the knowledge of good communication & standards in operational documents.
* Supports &/or leads DAPI standardization projects as needed.
* Supports the document processing of revisions to DAPI Framework level documents in collaboration with DAPI process work packages.
* Ensure projects are completed with metrics & timelines realized.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
8+ years of experience in technical writing, preferably in engineering, life sciences, software or related fields.
* Ability to read, write & understand complicated product documentation & standard operating procedures with attention to high-level concepts.
* Knowledgeable in core work processes & GMP concepts; knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as LEAN.
* Proven expertise in planning/organizing, managing, executing.
* Revising the work plan.
* Schedules for complex problems solved by cross functional teams.
* Demonstrated strong skills in change management within Novo Nordisk.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Requires ability to move throughout the facility in the performance of duties in proximity to process equipment & areas.
* Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to meet customer and production needs.
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Ability to travel locally and internationally as necessary.
Department DAPI US - SOP Landscape
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com