US-WA, Hardware engineer-Prototyping Electrical Engineer Job 393285900A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 45307BR|
Title Hardware engineer/Prototyping Electrical Engineer
Job Category Research & Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
The Innovation Hardware/Software Architect will contribute to Device Research and Innovation-US' vision to explore and develop new technology, product ideas, and game-changers that may hold the potential to add value to patients and Novo Nordisk in the future within therapeutic areas covered by Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
The Innovation Hardware/Software Architect will apply relevant engineering knowledge and skills to mature concepts and develop prototypes. Strong engineering skills are needed to design attractive products that balance satisfying user needs with innovative technical solutions, manufacturability, and business potential according to Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
The Architect will be part of a development team and contribute to development of device solutions as a team member and mentor to other team members.
The Innovation Hardware/Software Architect reports to a Senior Project Manager. Internal relationships include R&D colleagues in Device Research and Innovation-US and Device R&D colleagues in Denmark.External relationships include commercial collaboration partners, academia, and NNRC Seattle drug researchers. May also be assigned responsibility for relation to external collaboration partners, and/or students.
The Innovation HW/SW Architect is expected to:
• Ensure relevant engineering knowledge and skills are up-to-date, e.g. methods and tools within hardware/software engineering, applied physics, etc.
• Regularly contribute to generating and maturing relevant ideas, concepts as well as to developing and engineering of products. This could e.g. be within new injection devices or adherence monitoring technology.
• Regularly contribute to new, relevant inventions and ensure these are covered in new Novo Nordisk patent applications.
• Regularly contribute to maturing and developing products making them ready for milestones A-C according to Device R&D project manual.
• Support the development and maintenance of network with external collaboration partners, e.g. manufacturing partners, vendors, suppliers, etc.
• Approximately 10% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Education Level: A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline required; MS degree or higher preferred
• 8+ years’ development experience; advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate.
• Experience from development of medical devices would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to generate valuable and relevant ideas, create concepts based on ideas, and develop new products based on concepts.
• Ability to work independently as well as working in teams. Included in this is the ability to network with external parties.
• Expected to be knowledgeable and skilled in ‘creative innovation type of work’ as e.g. the Stanford ‘Design Thinking’ approach to innovation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate across the global organization.
Specific or technical job skills:
• Strong experience with bridging between the HW and SW disciplines.
• Proven ability to evaluate different technical options with respect to interface between HW and SW
• Master the theoretical insights to execute fast evaluations from first principles of different technologies and concepts as well as the ability to communicate technical analyses to people who do not have the same expert insights or background
• Strong knowledge of power and size impact of communication technologies
• Strong understanding of circuit design and PCB layout, and experience with high volume manufacturability
• Experience with one or more radio technologies such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, etc
Department NNRC - DEVICE COMMUNICATION
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com