US-WA, ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST - PROTEIN ENGINEERING Job 393005800A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 45106BR|
Title ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST - PROTEIN ENGINEERING
Job Category Research & Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
The Protein Engineering Department in NNRC Seattle supports the discovery of bio-therapeutics in metabolic disorders and type 1 diabetes by production of peptides and proteins. The Associate Scientist will provide technical expertise to the scientists in support of developing and implementing protein production and protein analytical technology platforms. Further they will be responsible for executing research experiments, ensuring data integrity, and communicating results to the matrix organization.
Reports to functional area head in the Protein Engineering Department. Internal relationships include the project teams and research colleagues internally and globally. Communicates data externally when required.
• Broad knowledge and highly proficient in techniques of protein expression, purification and/or characterization
• Independently investigates and applies new technical approaches
• Can analyze data with high degree of sophistication, connecting disparate datasets to reach conclusions; suggests direction on experiments
• Contributes scientific knowledge to enable projects and advance pipeline.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor's degree with 6 plus years of experience, advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate. Senior Associate Scientist title may be considered commensurate with experience.
• Develops and collaborates across boundaries in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Track record of problem solving and contributing to designing new approaches
• Good track record in purification of recombinant proteins from recombinant expression systems.
• Must have solid knowledge of principles of chromatography, when to use which form of chromatography, scouting for best purification protocols to produce high purity, high yield product. Experience with affinity chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography or reverse-phase chromatography.
• Must have strong characterization skills with experience in some of the following: Size-exclusion / reverse-phase HPLC/UPLC, mass spectrometry, light scattering techniques (e.g. SEC-MALS, DLS), endotoxin analysis.
• Experienced in developing multistep purification processes.
• Experienced in delivering protein for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
Department NNRC - PROTEIN ENGINEERING MGMT
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com