US-WA, INTERNSHIP: Digital Health Device Research Job 391559700A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 45155BR|
Title INTERNSHIP: Digital Health Device Research
Job Category Student & Internship
Job Description Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes research, care and treatment. In addition, Novo Nordisk helps people defeat other serious chronic conditions such as rare bleeding disorders, growth hormone related disorders and obesity.
We create value through a patient centered business approach and balance a business philosophy of being financial, social and environmentally responsible. Working here is not just a way to make a living, but a way to make a difference. Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better. You will not only have the opportunity to work with top talent but also benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
* Named on the inaugural list for the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials
* FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work for” for 8 consecutive years
* Named on the country’s list of “Best Workplaces for Giving Back” by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to kick-start their careers by working closely with experienced industry professionals and gaining valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, beginning June 5th, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work.
In addition to individual department responsibilities, interns will participate in the Innovation in Action Case Competition. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative and comprehensive solution to a business problem currently facing Novo Nordisk. At the conclusion of the program, teams will present their findings to a board of top NNI officials representing the various lines of business.
What You Will Gain
Our Early Talent Summer Internship Program will challenge you to be dynamic, efficient and innovative. Novo Nordisk’s workplace will allow you to gain exposure to a real-life corporate environment while providing you with hands-on working experiences. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, career presentations by our senior leadership, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development.
Scope of Position
You will develop a digital health software module to help track and modify an individual’s behavior to help improve their health. This software module will function as a stand-alone feature or a plug-in to an already existing application. You will develop the engine of the application as well as a representative front-end to demo the feature.
* Must be currently attending an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
* Strong academic record with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
* Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
* Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task
* Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers
* Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Department NNRC - US DEVICE RESEARCH MGMT (1)
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com