US-NJ, Associate Director Strategic Pricing - Deal Evaluation Job 386918500A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 44614BR|
Title Associate Director Strategic Pricing - Deal Evaluation
Job Category Pricing
Job Description Associate Director Strategic Pricing - Deal Evaluation
Implements Best in Class net pricing strategies for Diabetes and BioPharm pipeline and in-line products in order to optimize profitability and secure market access for NNI products. Ensures net pricing strategies are implemented to attain corporate profitability metrics. Develops best in class pre-deal evaluation models and processes to inform contracting decisions for US payers and develops offers and negotiates with payers in collaboration with Market Access account team to secure market access.
Co-develops the strategic and tactical planning process of the U.S. Strategic Pricing team. Partners with Market Access Strategy to develop net pricing strategies for each channel and ensure implementation for all business segments. Ensures that implementation of net pricing strategies and all offers are in accordance with Novo Nordisk Pricing Governance.
Reports to the Vice President, Pricing, Contract Operations & Reimbursement (PCOR). Responsible for leading a team of Strategic Pricing Managers and Analysts focused on securing profitable market access with payers through net price offers supported by data driven decisions. Partners closely with members of the Market Access Strategy team, Pricing Committee, Market Access account team, Brand Marketing, Strategic Pricing Insights, Government Contracts & Operations (GC&O) and Rebate Operations & Insights (ROI). External relationships include: customers, professional associations, vendors, and consultants.
* Pricing Committee: Drives pricing & modeling analysis for all account-level pre-deal analysis. Owns the financial analysis process to support all offers made to Customers. Ensures all business cases that go before Pricing Committee undergo rigorous analysis. Presents business cases to Pre-PC (VP, Market Access, Brand VP, and VP, PCOR) and Pricing Committee. Partners with Market Access Account Directors, and Market Access Strategy leads to vet all business cases and gain alignment before Pre-PC. Responsible for ensuring follow up on all Pricing Committee action items. Accountable for ensuring new deals have been assessed for potential impact to Government Pricing and Operational teams (Institutional Contracts & Rebate Operations). Strategic Pricing team evaluates over 300+ deals annually representing ~$5B USD in net sale. Accountable for maximizing the value of NNI products over their lifecycle by implementing net pricing strategies for all NNI in-line and pipeline products.
* Leads account level pre-launch deep dives with the account directors to prepare for securing market access upon launch.
* Communicates with Global Strategic Pricing in Denmark, as needed, apprising them of changes to pricing guidelines and status of key contract negotiations in the US. Develops and publishes Risk Tracker which provides ExecMan, NNAS BOD, Disclosure Committee and NNI Executive Team and other executive committees with understanding around key contracting risks in the US and potential financial impacts.
* Ensures all Pricing processes and procedures are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley.
* Responsible for the volume and value impact associated with all contracting events the deliverables of which are presented to the NNI ET and HQ. Ensures alignment with Brand VPs.
* Provides key inputs into setting profitability targets for the organization and implementing strategies and tactics to obtain results agreed upon results. Manages the Strategic Pricing Deal Evaluation Team including process and assessment of offers for all customer segments including Managed Care, Medicare Part D, LTC, Medicaid, Institutions and the Federal Channel
* Partners with Market Access Strategy to develop and execute channel specific strategies relating to contract pricing (e.g., offers/guidelines)Responsible for the review and approval of all pricing language/grids in all contracts to ensure compliance to Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
* Reviews all contract proposals and makes recommendations based on approved pricing guidelines and profitability metrics based on the financial viability of the contract and the business situation. If outside of guidelines, assists in the development and presentation of financial analysis and recommendations to Pricing Committee for approval/rejection of proposals outside of guidelines. Responsible for quality control around all business cases which go before Pricing Committee
* Builds internal capabilities and supports development and implementation of value-based/outcomes based contract offers to secure market access and support long-term customer relationships
10-20% overnight travel required
Development of People
* Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
* Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
* A minimum of eight (8) years’ progressively increasing experience in one or more of the following fields: strategic pricing reimbursement, managed markets contract development or managed markets insights/analytics.
* Pharmaceutical experience highly preferred.
* Requires at least three (3) years’ supervisory experience.
* Ability to manage multiple internal relationships at all levels of the business. Demonstrated ability to interface with senior level management concerning matters of significance to the Company. Advanced degree preferred
* Advanced knowledge and experience in developing and using pricing models or similar financial/analytic models, understanding of pharmaceutical pricing strategies used in all channels, commercial and government.
* Advanced knowledge of U.S Payer marketplace (particularly around channel dynamics in Commercial, Medicare Part D, Institutional, Medicaid and Government), Prior experience in supporting Market Access functions (payer strategy or account teams)
* Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
* Proven track record of results.
* Requires proven leadership/ collaboration skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision.
Department FIN - STRATEGIC PRICING (1)
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com