US-CA, Pharma Field Sales - Diabetes Care Specialist (DCS) - Fresno, CA Job 376027200A4-MZ
|Requisition ID 43098BR|
Title Pharma Field Sales - Diabetes Care Specialist (DCS) - Fresno, CA
Job Category Sales
Job Description PURPOSE:
This position represents Novo Nordisk within an assigned territory with the goal of maximizing sales and positioning Novo Nordisk as the leading company in diabetes care. The DCS I must assume responsibility for achieving sales goals by implementing marketing and sales strategies aimed at effectively selling and promoting Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products to physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other paramedical customers and current co-promotion partners who make or are involved in purchasing and prescribing decisions. This position also determines and recommends the most appropriate Novo Nordisk product and approved usage for the needs of the customers.
Externally, the DCS I maintains relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses and other paramedical customers and current co-promotion partners.
Internally, the DCS I reports to the District Business Manager of the specific sales territory. The DCS I also interacts and collaborates on a regular basis with other field-based employees covering the same geographic areas, particularly the territory partner.
* Communicate territory activity through timely submission of monthly highlight reports and other appropriate reports.
* Participate in and contribute to sales and marketing meetings, training programs, conventions and displays as appropriate.
* Partner with the Novo Nordisk Sales/Marketing Departments to maximize appropriate and effective use of selling materials and product information.
* Provide recommendations towards sales and marketing solutions based on understanding and evaluation of trends, dynamics, customer needs, and competitors’ products or services.
* Record notes of calls, including products discussed, key issues and concerns addressed, sales aids utilized, samples distributed, and any other information that will ensure maximum effectiveness for future sales calls.
* Continuously promote and improve knowledge of Novo Nordisk’s products, competitive products, and sales and promotional skills through participation in company sponsored/approved training programs.
* Educate physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other members of patients’ primary care team on diabetes and the use of Novo Nordisk’s products, including the approved uses and benefits of Novo Nordisk’s products for their patients.
* Understand the most up-to-date clinical studies to educate customers and improve ability to anticipate and handle questions/concerns about Novo Nordisk’s products.
* Effectively manage and prioritize time and available resources to achieve maximum sales in the local territory:
* Analyze, determine, and implement most effective distribution of product samples in territory.
* Effectively manage and prioritize time to ensure maximum customer penetration and sales volume with limited supervision.
* Evaluate, identify, and develop order of calls and routes that maximize the opportunity to call on targeted customers.
* Exercise prudent control over samples and other company property in accordance with company policies and procedures and legal requirements.
* Manage discretionary budget to support sales and additional marketing activities.
* Analyze and leverage understanding of the patient profiles of targeted and non-targeted physicians in the territory and how those profiles impact territory sales.
* Evaluate and determine which individuals have greatest opportunity to impact sales and use personalized communication techniques to build and maintain effective relationships with those individuals.
* Identify and respond to obstacles to use of Novo Nordisk’s products.
* Leverage understanding of impact of managed care in the territory and how it affects physicians’ prescribing decisions, and adjust sales and marketing strategies accordingly.
* Develop a customized approach for each call on each customer to assess customer needs and increase sales of Novo Nordisk’s products.
* Effectively utilize all available resources to sell and promote Novo Nordisk’s products, including determining which resources to use in any given situation.
* Explain and promote features and benefits of Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of products, with an emphasis on which products are best suited for particular patient profiles or circumstances.
* Impact the local retail market share through coordinating and implementing medical education activities, programs, and special projects.
* Obtain maximum commitment from customers on every call.
* Probe and listen to customers, including anticipating and responding to customers’ questions, objections, and concerns.
* Read and react to customer environment. Determine appropriate messages to achieve maximum effect on each sales call
* A bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
* At least one year of outside sales experience required or equivalent Novo Nordisk experience.
* Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel).
* Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision.
* Must have a consistent proven track record of winning sales results.
* Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software ideal.
* Proven leadership and decision-making ability.
* Solid understanding of diabetes disease state and Novo Nordisk’s products is needed, coupled with aptitude for learning and ability to communicate technical and scientific product and disease management information.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and obey all applicable traffic laws.
Department SALES - D FRESNO CA
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - CA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com