No other global pharmaceutical company is focused solely on the brain. Lundbeck’s global legacy in neuroscience goes back six decades, and with it comes a tremendous level of expertise, commitment and energy – not to mention, responsibility to patients. We are radically changing the future, investing in long-term plays in research. As we define tomorrow, there is no question that the here and now is critical to bridge the future. Therefore, we continue to bring forward therapies to address symptomatic improvements to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments in pursuit of a cure. In fact, in the past seven years, Lundbeck has launched four neurology products addressing rare epilepsies and movement disorders.
Lundbeck operates within a unique corporate ownership structure: our company is 70% owned by a foundation established by the wife of our founder to ensure our continued ability to conduct difficult and time-intensive research. The Lundbeck Foundation contributes nearly $100 million to life sciences research each year and an additional 1 million euro for The Brain Prize to advance neuroscience research.
This candidate is responsible for the development of the consumer brand strategy and the corresponding tactics to ensure that annual sales and profit objectives are met or exceeded. This individual will manage and drive the development and implementation of the consumer tactical plan. S/he will be accountable for ensuring that the brand team, as well as the cross-functional team, is well-versed on the consumer plan. This position focuses on neurogenic orthostatic hypotension, with an emphasis on Parkinson’s disease.
- Develops the consumer strategy utilizing sound marketing principles and available market research
- Proactively identifies and considers new strategies and tactics to challenge the team’s thinking and raise the level of performance
- Develops patient promotional materials including writing, referencing, field testing, medical/regulatory review, and creative execution
- Ensures cross-department support of the consumer initiatives by coordinating with other brand marketers, training, sales, market research, medical affairs, and public relations
- Establishes ways to measure impact, report results, and adjust plans accordingly
- Manages day-to-day consumer budget – ensuring consumer marketing initiatives are delivered on time and within budget
- Drives the consumer digital, social, media and customer relationship strategies for the brand
- Liaises with public relations, advocacy and the digital team on key projects
- Manages a patient working group and a patient ambassador program for the brand
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of sales, marketing experience
- 4+ years of pharmaceutical brand marketing or sales
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Track record of leading cross-functional teams
- Experience managing third-party vendors, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, namely Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience creating and managing consumer brand strategies
- Experience building and executing a direct-to-consumer or direct-to-patient marketing strategy
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience selling or marketing within neurology or cardiology; movement disorders experience is preferred
- Experience with OPDP and FDA requirements
- Willingness/Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time domestically. Travel will vary by month based upon projects and meetings. Travel will include periods of weekly travel followed by lower levels of travel. International travel may be required.