US-IL, Regional Medical Lead, Neuroscience - Central Region 209683BR_1491837519-MZ
|Novartis is recruiting for a Regional Medical Lead (RML), Neuroscience to cover the Central region – includes IL, MI, WI, IA, NE, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, LA. The RML can live in either of the states in the region. This is a Director level role. |
The RML provides strategic direction and leadership to the regional Field Medical team. This individual is responsible for development and execution of regional medical strategy.
• Develops customer-centric medical strategies for relevant products in Medical Unit portfolio under the guidance of the National Director for the Medical Unit and in collaboration with key internal partners
• Drives execution of Medical Unit strategies by:
o Clearly communicating objectives to direct reports and providing strategic guidance regarding key customers
o Ensuring execution of customer engagement plans and tracking performance
o Managing resources to targets (personnel/budgets)
o Recruiting high performing, diverse talent and providing on-going coaching and development through assessment of reporting tools, competency, feedback from peers, and customer feedback surveys
o Promoting cross-functional collaboration that ensures timely delivery of customer solutions and maximizes customer satisfaction
o Developing and participating in forums to share helpful practices
• Develops perspective on regional influence map and provides guidance on MEs/Stakeholder/Centers of Excellence/key institutions mapping strategy
• Represents customer interests/needs and strategic priorities of region with the Field Medical National Director for product prioritization and budget decisions
• Infuses customer insights into regional and Medical Unit strategic plans, and more broadly as appropriate
• As member of the Field Medical Leadership Team, ensures the optimal strategic integration and tactical implementation of regional initiatives in support of the Medical Product Plans
• Strategically collaborates with RAD/CRM, FOCUS teams, CRMAs, Medical Directors, MAM, HE&OR and other relevant internal partners where appropriate to support Medical Product Plans, clinical development, and clinical trial support
• Ensures team compliance to Novartis WPD, SOPs, and E&C policies, etc
Ethics and Compliance
• Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
• Doctorate degree (MD, PharmD, Ph.D)
• Previous experience in a MSL Field Medical based position is also preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, the managed markets, pharmacoeconomics, disease management, and medical research.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, (including ability to network), strong personal integrity, teamwork abilities and a customer focus are necessary.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA, and GCP/ICH guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and associated hardware is required.
• Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GCP practices and standards.
• Demonstrated technical expertise in at least one disease or therapeutic area (cardio preferred).
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments, including Corporate Customers, Regional Business Units, Marketing, Sales, New Product Commercialization, Medical Affairs, Research, and Business Analysis.
• A valid US Driver’s License and a good driving record are required.
• Ability to travel up to 60%
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com