Work with team of medical information professionals to capture unsolicited medical inquiries from health care professionals, consumers, and corporate business partners.
• Research and respond to requests for scientific/medical information using various search and retrieval techniques and medical literature database (product label, published and unpublished studies) to develop a medical/scientific response that is accurate, fair balanced, complete and delivered in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of B.S. degree with an emphasis in Science, Health Care or related fields from an accredited college or university and/or 1-2 years of pharmaceutical or related experience required. Experience can be appropriate internships or residencies.
• Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD) with at least three years pharmaceutical or related experience would be preferred.
• Working knowledge of current Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and/or other US regulatory requirements and guidelines and knowledge of Allergan therapeutic areas and research interests desired.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations that support department goals and objectives.
• Familiarity with pharmaceutical principles, practices and their application, comprehension of medical terminology and treatment modalities and knowledge of pharmacology principles, theory and their application.
• Researching, analyzing and evaluating medical information materials using critical thinking skills and interpreting and applying medical information, instructions, policies and procedures and guidelines pertaining to medical communications and release of medical communications.
• Excellent analytical aptitude and clear, concise communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience in use of computer systems and database and software applications, including Microsoft Office, Power Point, and Excel preferred.