US-Nationwide, Medical Science Liaison
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company who is applying a unique approach to gene science based on Nobel Prize-winning technology to discover and develop precise medicines for patients with serious, chronic conditions. Through our Genome5000™ program, Lexicon scientists have studied the role and function of nearly 5,000 genes over the last 20 years and have identified more than 100 protein targets with significant therapeutic potential in a range of diseases. Through the precise targeting of these proteins, we are pioneering the discovery and development of innovative medicines to safely and effectively treat disease. In addition to our first commercial product, XERMELO® (telotristat ethyl), Lexicon has a pipeline of promising drug candidates in clinical and pre-clinical development in diabetes and metabolism and neuropathic pain. For additional information please visit www.lexpharma.com.
Our world class research and commercialization teams are located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey and The Woodlands, Texas. Lexicon employees are inspired by the idea that their work can improve patients' lives and we know that our employees are important to the success of our mission. We are dedicated to making Lexicon a great place to work by providing employees with the benefits, services, and programs which will allow them to reach their full potential.
We are currently recruiting for Medical Science Liaisons for New England and Central Regions. This New England position can be based in Maine, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont or New York; Boston, Massachusetts or New York City preferred. The Central Region position can be based in Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas or New Mexico; Houston or Dallas, Texas is preferred.
The Medical Science Liaison will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with nationwide and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts of Lexicon and externally-sponsored studies relating to Xermelo for the treatment of Carcinoid Syndrome associated with neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) within their geographic area of coverage. This position requires working with other audiences such as nurses, pharmacists, payers, formulary decision makers and patient advocacy groups as well as working cross-functionally with Lexicon field-base counterparts and internal home office members including, legal, regulatory, market access individuals and medical/clinical operations, to ensure proper alignment of MSL goals with company’s business goals to be executed in a compliant way.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Identify and develop relationships with national and regional medical and scientific KOLs consistent with the strategy and objectives of the department and Brand.
· Engage in scientific exchange and education about Lexicon’s compounds and emerging therapies and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific.
· Work to pair our internal and external key customer’s educational and research needs with available Lexicon’s resources and provide latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional.
· Partner with Advocacy Groups as needed, to develop strategic interactions and patient-aimed communication materials.
· Proactively identify and facilitate the evaluation and initiation of investigator-initiated trials.
· Assist with medical affairs activities, including medical information services and publication planning (abstracts, manuscripts etc.)
· Provide support to advisory board meetings as well as other scientific activities, such as medical booth at scientific meetings as needed.
· Provide scientific and clinical expertise to the commercial team
Qualifications and Experience:
· Advanced scientific or health related degree required (MD, PhD, PharmD preferred, MSN, DNS., PA-C, NP considered)
· Minimum of 1.5 to 4 years of experience as a MSL.
· Previous experience in oncology is required; experience in NETs and Carcinoid Syndrome is a plus. Background in gastroenterology is a plus.
· Strong scientific/medical expertise and demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly.
· Demonstrated ability to represent Lexicon in the medical community and to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships.
· Understanding of the drug development process plus in-depth knowledge of the medial affairs role, as well as deep regulatory/compliance knowledge.
· Payer and/or formulary presentation experience preferred.
· Must be an effective communicator who can give presentations on clinical trial results and answer questions about clinical research efficacy and safety, compliance, healthcare costs, and product value.
· Must be a proactive team player with highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team.
· Ability to travel 60-80% (based on size of geographic territory).
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website: https://lexpharmacareers.silkroad.com/.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.
The Physician Payment Sunshine Act (Sunshine Act) as well as several state laws require Lexicon to report any transfers of value, including payments made to reimburse interview-related expenses, for candidates who are US-licensed physicians. U.S. licensed Physicians covered by the Sunshine Act include Doctors of Medicine, Osteopathy, Dentistry, Dental Surgery, Podiatry, Optometry and Chiropractic Medicine who are licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. This information will be reported to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on an annual basis and CMS shall post submitted data on its public database.
Visit Our Website