Lead Operations - Personalized Medicine-12562
Provides administrative, project management, and strategy support for the Nicklaus Children’s Personalized Medicine Initiative (PMI) including the Nicklaus Children’s Biobank, 3D Printing & Innovative Imaging core, the Community Outreach & Education core, and the Cultural Competency effort. Supports the Director and unit leaders and is responsible for organizing and coordinating PMI operations and governance, interfacing with MCHS Marketing, Government Affairs, Strategy and Business Development teams and supporting and expanding relationships and collaborations with key external partners.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management or Operations experience
- Minimum 3 years of Strategy or Marketing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in an academic or hospital environment preferred
- Experience with development and/or management of strategic relationships preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Delivers engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations
- Able to adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions
- Able to handle multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong abilities in prioritizing, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with minimal supervision
- Ability to represent department/function in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Able to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including the PMI team, Strategy and Business Development, external collaborators and community partners.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to follow complex written or verbal instructions to solve problems
Job Specific Duties:
- Performs research and analysis for PMI projects and programs as required including funding opportunity searches and assistance with collaborative activities.
- Partners with key stakeholders and other leaders, inside and outside the organization to optimize and successfully execute PMI operations and activities.
- Serves as operations point of contact. Ensures timely execution of project deliverables with Sanford Health, including the Children’s Genomic Medicine Consortium, physicians, & other key personnel.
- Ensures the effective planning, organization, and activities of the PMI to secure efficient and effective work flow and coordination.
- Evaluates, as part of the PMI leadership and with the PMI team, opportunities to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of PMI operations and activities.
- Prepares documents detailing the status and progress of PMI including but not limited to: reports, project plans, and presentations.
- Drafts reports, memoranda and other documents. Supports the PMI Steering Committee, External Advisory Committee, Sanford Oversight Committee and other ad hoc and standing groups related to the PMI.
- Works with PMI team to support in house/external community engagement initiatives that increase awareness of the PMI and promise of personalized medicine in pediatric healthcare/overall human health.
- Serves as the liaison with Marketing & Biomedical Communications & works with the team to maintain the content/visual appeal of unit websites (externally & internally facing) & social media presence.
- Develops and disseminates high impact collateral material about the PMI and the promise of personalized medicine in pediatric healthcare and overall human health.
- Serves as the liaison with Governmental Affairs and develops material and content to support MCHS interactions with government entities regarding PMI and personalized medicine.
- Serves as the liaison with Strategy & Business Development to strategically grow the PMI within MCHS and as a regional leader in pediatric personalized medicine.
Primary Location: Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department: RI-Personalized Medicine
Job Status: Full Time