US-MD, Project Manager
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Project Manager in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Biologics Project Manager reports through the Biologics Project Management group within Pipeline Management providing cross functional operational and strategic management for the Product Development Team (PDT) and the Translational Sciences Sub-team (TSST), translating strategy into operation and delivery
· Partners with the PDTL to help the PDT develop the project strategy, optimize delivery in terms of time, cost, value and risk. Partners with the TS Lead to help the TSST develop the TS strategy in line with the vision set by the PDT
· Focuses PDT and TSST on pipeline delivery, ensuring corporate metrics are achieved in an optimized and value driven way.
· Acts as a role model for partnering, collaboration and cross functional working
· Acts as the ‘Hub’ for project information.
BA/BS in a biological science or other scientific degree + 2-5 years of experience
Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS) is preferred
Product Development Process:
· Understands the overall biologic/pharmaceutical product development process, stages of development, and role of different functional areas. Experience participating on a cross functional product development team is an advantage.
· Working knowledge of Translational Science functions – Translational Medicine, Pharmacogenomics, Clinical Pharmacology and DMPK and Biologics Safety Assessment
· Working knowledge of the biological sciences with technical, scientific or medical expertise in one or more functional areas involved in biologic/pharmaceutical product development.
· Early and late phase clinical development stages and processes, key stage gates and decision criteria for moving programs through the development pipeline, and the considerations relevant to post-marketed development and life cycle management.
· Understands core cross-functional concepts (e.g., preclinical, translational, CMC) and major requirements at different development stages.
· Basic knowledge of worldwide regulatory requirements, processes and regulatory authority interactions, as well as patent protection and records management.
· Basic knowledge of commercial valuation, product life cycle planning, pricing and health economics.
· Ability to create, coordinate, and maintain an integrated product plan and to control or respond to changes in strategy and scope.
· Woking knowledge of project management software solutions, including skills in critical path analysis. MS Project and/or Planisware experience is an advantage.
· Understanding of financial and resource planning systems and processes and ability to coordinate project-level budget/resource estimates and manage actuals vs. plan.
· Ability to manage teams and individuals in a matrix environment, ability to track team performance against objectives, use of effective meeting management tools and techniques, and knowledge of decision-making and conflict resolution techniques.
· Ability to maintain project information, and to integrate and distribute appropriate information to senior management and team members.
· Ability to negotiate with team members to resolve project/team issues.
· Must be professional, dedicated, and detail-orientated and have the flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
· Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, and computer skills.
· Strong organizational skills required, including good time management skills.
· Highly organized and able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Works under general supervision to meet goals.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit Our Website