Follow MedZilla on Twitter

Clinical Research Careers
Looking for a great job in 
Forum List | Go to Top | New Topic | Search View Oldest First
CRACRC Career Satisfaction
Author:  Elizabeth
Date:  01-24-18 01:17pm
Reply to this Post

I'm a CRA at a cancer center and my job description probably fits more into the description of a CRC depending on who you ask. I work at a small center so I've had a lot of exposure to different things and I've learned a lot. I enjoy my job but have been considering the future a lot recently and I don't many others within my career particularly with a similar background. I have a BS and an MSc in Cancer Biology. I love learning about how the human body works and am a very curious person. I am beginning to worry that this career path may lack the opportunity for learning and scientific knowledge. It seems to be a lot of administrative work. Is this other people's experience? Do others hunger for more science? Has anyone moved on to a PhD or MD because of this? Any career suggestions?
Thanks for any insight

Let us know what you think!

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Feb 08, 2018, 07:51AM

Re: CRACRC Career Satisfaction   Log In to Report Post

Yes definetly! I think you're very perceptive to have picked up on this. After grad school I'd become so familiar with the compliance/regulatory aspects of human subjects research, I joined the CRO world because it seemed like a natural transition. However for certain it's focused more on the administration & management of ongoing scientific investigations & honestly the day to day can be quite tedious. I'm very far removed from any innovation, analysis, or discovery. Also, this never gets mentioned, but large pharmas are extremely conservative & they generally don't take risks. On the inside they're not very innovative or interesting places to work IMHO, for someone who's super into scientific discovery, analysis, or tech. They typically buy their intellectual property (patented drug compounds) from start ups or biotech... companies with whom Wall Street IS comfortable with taking risks.

So DEFINITELY if you're interested in super cool science I'd focus on PhD/MD, & if you do go into industry I'd stick with SilconValley start ups or biotechs!

Reply to this Message

Subject:

Your message will be moderated before it is displayed.

Standard Allowed HTML: P, BR, B, I, EM, STRONG, TT, BLOCKQUOTE, UL, OL, LI, DL, DD, DT, CODE.
Restrictions: No parameters other than TYPE for BLOCKQUOTE and OL, and HREF for A.
Commercial messages and spamming will not be tolerated.

Moderator's Policy: Forums are moderated according to the moderator's whim. There is no "Policy". S/he can reject or accept your post without explanation, regardless of whether it's accurate or not.
Disclaimer: Statements published within these forums are the sole opinions of the original authors. MedZilla Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the truthfulness or accuracy of anything contained herein.
You are being watched. Your IP address has been logged. We generally know who you are. There's no anonymity, so be careful what you say.

Terms of Use and Privacy | Post Jobs | Find Resumes | Articles | Forums | Contact Us | Edit Resume | Home

© Copyright 1994-2019, MedZilla, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. Medzilla® is a Registered Trademark owned by Medzilla Inc.
All custom graphics, icons, logos and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of MedZilla Inc.
All other trademarks, service marks, and graphics are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission. Updated daily.