Follow MedZilla on Twitter

Clinical Research Careers
Looking for a great job in 
Forum List | Go to Top | New Topic | Search View Oldest First
Medpace Non-Compete
Author:  Anonymous Medzilla Reader
Date:  05-31-16 01:59pm
Reply to this Post

Looking to break into clinical research management. Medpace trains entry level CRAs w/o direct clinical research experience, which is very rare for CROs. BUT, I have heard rumor that their non-compete is poorly written/vague, applies to voluntary & involuntary termination, and the scope of it is almost all encompassing - not just CROs. (i.e. it would completely derail your career)

Does anyone know if their non-compete has changed at all? (Less restricive?")

Are there any ex-medpacers here that can weigh in on their experience with the non-compete? Did the NC agreement hold up when you left? Did it cause problems for you when applying for new positions?

Are there any current employees here with some insight?

FREE list of headhunters in good MedZilla standing

Author: Potential CRA Feb 22, 2017, 12:54PM

Re: Medpace Non-Compete   Log In to Report Post

Post from 5-31-16 did you end up working for Medpace? I am also curious about the non-compete contract.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Jun 02, 2016, 07:25AM

Non compete agreements can't bar you from seeking employment with another company. They make it so you can't go out and start your own company. Every company that I've worked for has had a non-compete, but I've still been able to go out and get a job.

When that question is on a application, I check No.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Jun 01, 2016, 11:56AM

Yeah, so Medpace is in Ohio, which is definitely a "right to work" state. However, every time I go though an application with a CRO or big device/pharma, there is always a section that asks "Have you signed a non-compete agreement?"

So, I imagine being obligated to check "yes" (even if the state is "right to work") will have a negative impact on your chances against other individuals w/o a non-compete on their paperwork. It's just worrisome to me. And trying to drag something out in court would be a nightmare.

Anyone have thoughts? Experience?

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Jun 01, 2016, 04:39AM

Not a med pacer, but non-compete agreements are generally non-enforceable in "right to work" states such as Pennsylvania. Not sure about other states.

Reply to this Message

Subject:

Your message will be moderated before it is displayed.

Standard Allowed HTML: P, BR, B, I, EM, STRONG, TT, BLOCKQUOTE, UL, OL, LI, DL, DD, DT, CODE.
Restrictions: No parameters other than TYPE for BLOCKQUOTE and OL, and HREF for A.
Commercial messages and spamming will not be tolerated.

Moderator's Policy: Forums are moderated according to the moderator's whim. There is no "Policy". S/he can reject or accept your post without explanation, regardless of whether it's accurate or not.
Disclaimer: Statements published within these forums are the sole opinions of the original authors. MedZilla Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the truthfulness or accuracy of anything contained herein.
You are being watched. Your IP address has been logged. We generally know who you are. There's no anonymity, so be careful what you say.

Terms of Use and Privacy | Post Jobs | Find Resumes | Articles | Forums | Contact Us | Edit Resume | Home

© Copyright 1994-2019, MedZilla, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. Medzilla® is a Registered Trademark owned by Medzilla Inc.
All custom graphics, icons, logos and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of MedZilla Inc.
All other trademarks, service marks, and graphics are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission. Updated daily.