Follow MedZilla on Twitter

Clinical Research Careers
Looking for a great job in 
Forum List | Go to Top | New Topic | Search View Oldest First
preparation for ACRP CCRA exam
Author:  Anonymous Medzilla Reader
Date:  06-24-07 04:50pm
Reply to this Post

The exam for this year is not too far away, I've been preparing for a couple of weeks. This seems like a great forum for sharing preparation strategies, based on what I have heard, this exam is not to be underestimated.

Show next 104 posts >>

FREE list of headhunters in good MedZilla standing

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 17, 2018, 07:32AM

Re: preparation for ACRP CCRA exam   Log In to Report Post

I spent my own money and bought all the course materials and paid for the exam...about $1200. Dont waste your money on the materials. I did all this because I have been out of the research field for 7 years,, so I was worried about getting a CRA job. I got a job prior to taking the exam. I took the exam yesterday and passed. I think I would have passed without studying. The practice questions are nothing at all like the real exam. If you are an experienced CRA, you should be able to pass it without preparation because it is mostly scenarios and you choose the best course of action. The math is all very simple.

Author: Manny Mar 17, 2018, 03:05AM

Recently took the exam and failed. Another user pointed out a lot of math questions and dosage calculations. Another person said its what we do as CRAs. Im a CRA not an accountant. Sorry but the dosage and budget questions were way too excessive. ICH GCP studying and the DCO helps somewhat but not all. Some questions seemed liked more than one answer could be right depending on the Sponsor. Such a BS test.

Author: kr Nov 10, 2017, 11:16AM

I took the test a year ago and frankly I didn't think it was that hard, but moderate (because I did not study as much as I think i could have). I prepared for six months and reviewed items in the guidelines; the night before I did a cram session of the ICH guidelines as a last minute review.

What I did to prepare: I saw how the guidelines given in the handbook applied in my day to day on the job and took it from there. If it was an area I wasn't familiar with I asked more experienced coworkers the meaning of and situational question of hwo to deal with certain items. If you expect yes/no answers, then I can see how you'd think it was hard. These questions are scenario based and you need to be able to apply the knowledge just as you would in the field. Know how to budget/how to identify and assess IRB guidelines/adverse events/ICH, etc.

Good Luck to everyone!

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Sep 07, 2017, 07:20PM

Re: ACRP CRC Exam   Log In to Report Post

Hi does anyone know where I can get the ACRP CRC Prep exam.

Author: AMstone Aug 31, 2017, 09:46AM

yes it is not an easy test, must study I didn't pass by 2 points. But I did review materials for 3 months prior test. Review GCPs very carefully if not you will fail.

Let us know what you think!

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Apr 05, 2017, 04:37PM

What happens if you fail? Does anyone know the fee for retaking the exam?

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 18, 2017, 05:57PM

Do you have a clinical research background. You have to think logically though the questions

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 17, 2017, 11:03AM

The ACRP test is ridiculously hard. There should be more practice exams available & better study material. Very disappointing.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 16, 2017, 10:25AM

The prep material is useless. But the exam itself is very tough and though I did not make it, i loved the questions asked. They made one think and were hard.

Author: ward whitmore Apr 26, 2016, 08:33PM

Thought-provoking article . I learned a lot from the specifics - Does anyone know if my company might be able to obtain a blank IRS W-4 copy to work with ?

Follow us on Twitter!

Author: Yolanda Gordon Mar 23, 2016, 12:30PM

I took the exam on Saturday and I was a waste of time nothing that I studied for was on the exam, It's a lot of budgets/ contracts questions on he exam, math questions and he rest of it very hard scenarios which each answer is correct. I called to complain about the exam no one will call me back nor email me back. I felt like I was robbed and cheated out of my money for study material and traveling to another state to that the prep course.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 08, 2016, 05:00PM

You won't be asked to do any calculations that you don't do every day in your job. Compliance, dosage, calendar calculations, etc. The ACRP certification exam is challenging and requires a few months of study in addition to working and being a student of the career but isn't impossible. I only missed 3 questions on the certification exam when I took it about three years ago.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 08, 2016, 12:19AM

I think I've never heard anyone say the ACRP test material actually helped them prepare for the exam. I'm going to wing it with the CFR/ICH/GCP GUIDELINES. I wish they had example math material. This is the most guarded test material of all time! I can't find exam questions anywhere online for free!

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 01, 2016, 11:13AM

Hi,

I wanted to update you with the exam i had by Feb 29, 2016. I totaly agreed with the person who committed in the last comment. The exam is so difficult and nothing yet came from the prep course that i purchased ( it is costly). I was overwhelmed with the calculation and surprised by the number of questions that had calculations and need thorough thinking and solving. I am so pissed from the ACRP association, they exaggerate the useful of thr prep course which is indeed useless compare to the level of the exam.

Good luck everybody but i will not pass this exam again, at least not in near future!

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Feb 29, 2016, 06:34PM

Nothing in the courses offered by ACRP was in the test. Not even in the prep courses they offer. Since it's 125 questions and you have 3 hours, you'll be pressed for time. The calculators given out by Prometrics are old and do not work. You get two different numbers with the same math work. I have already given up and probably will not attempt this test in a long time. Congrats to those who passed, I found myself reading very quickly through each question.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Dec 31, 2015, 02:32AM

Hi ,

I am planning of having the exam in late February, I purchased the prep exam online course. I am just wondering, is that suffice to pass the exam?

Does anybody pass the exam recently so he/she can share their experience.

Thanks

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Aug 27, 2015, 09:37PM

Studying the CFR helped me the most, I mostly studied this & passed easily. Many of the "best" answers to the multiple choice items were the ones the most grounded in the regs. Keep in mind the test doesn't ask you about the CFR directly, the questions are mostly situational & test practical application of the regulations.

Author: ssingh Aug 26, 2015, 09:32PM

Hi, I am taking the exam this sep 25th. I took the sample paper. Found it not that difficult. I want to know how much the real exam varies from the sample paper. Materials I am using for preparation are center watch book and all the guidelines available online. Do i need to study CFR..

Author: Polly7 Aug 13, 2015, 11:56AM

Hello everyone, just wondering how much time is considered to be sufficient to prepare for the exam. I have 2 years experience and am a fast reader/math solver

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Apr 13, 2015, 11:14AM

You can buy the practice test online.

The "math" questions on either test are laughable. Simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.... Nothing difficult at all. It will not be anything different than you do every day with IP accountably, compliance, timing, etc.

Author: nb Apr 12, 2015, 09:40AM

any guidance with the math questions on the socra test

Author: Victor Suarez Apr 02, 2015, 01:40PM

How can I access to preparation exam for CCRC in order to prepare myself to perform the real test and become a CCRC.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 27, 2015, 07:52PM

Exam was a little tougher than the previous time I took it. Still was easy enough to pass.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 09, 2015, 11:38AM

Very similar as for question type and style. Of course, the questions won't be the same so memorizing practice exam questions is useless- instead it's about understanding the underlying principles and knowing WHY the answer is what it is.

The pass rate is like above 80%, so it's not like the test is challenging. Only a handful of people will perform poorly enough to fail.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 08, 2015, 01:21PM

I am taking the CRA exam in two weeks. I purchased the practice exam through acrp and found it to be rather simple. does anyone have experience with buying and taking the practice exams? Can you tell me if the real exam is similar in type and difficulty of question?

Get daily updates!

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Mar 14, 2014, 10:31AM

I took the practice exam and got a 70%. Does anyone know if that would translate to a passing score on the real exam? Thanks.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Sep 04, 2013, 08:05AM

I am scheduled to take the ACRP CCRA exam in 2 weeks. If anyone wants to study either online, in person or on the phone-- please email me!

Also, please email me if you have study materials and exam prep.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Aug 10, 2013, 06:21PM

Usually twice a year

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Aug 09, 2013, 07:51AM

Re: preparation for ACRP CCRC exam   Log In to Report Post

Does anyone know how often the ACRP exams are? Are they done yearly? I want to take the exam, But I don't feel I'm ready for the Fall 2013 exam.

Author: Anonymous Medzilla Reader Dec 05, 2012, 07:36PM

For those of you who recently took the exam, was the study guide of any use? I've previously heard it wasn't very helpful. Can you suggest what to use? I am signing up to take the exam in March.

Show next 104 posts >>

Reply to this Message

Subject:

Your message will be moderated before it is displayed.

Standard Allowed HTML: P, BR, B, I, EM, STRONG, TT, BLOCKQUOTE, UL, OL, LI, DL, DD, DT, CODE.
Restrictions: No parameters other than TYPE for BLOCKQUOTE and OL, and HREF for A.
Commercial messages and spamming will not be tolerated.

Moderator's Policy: Forums are moderated according to the moderator's whim. There is no "Policy". S/he can reject or accept your post without explanation, regardless of whether it's accurate or not.
Disclaimer: Statements published within these forums are the sole opinions of the original authors. MedZilla Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the truthfulness or accuracy of anything contained herein.
You are being watched. Your IP address has been logged. We generally know who you are. There's no anonymity, so be careful what you say.

Terms of Use and Privacy | Post Jobs | Find Resumes | Articles | Forums | Contact Us | Edit Resume | Home

© Copyright 1994-2019, MedZilla, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. Medzilla® is a Registered Trademark owned by Medzilla Inc.
All custom graphics, icons, logos and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of MedZilla Inc.
All other trademarks, service marks, and graphics are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission. Updated daily.